MS word Header Footer and clipboard problem
Author Message
 MS word Header Footer and clipboard problem

Hi

Header and footer getting removed when a RTF text is
copied to a RTF clipboard and paste back to the MS Word
document. Steps :

1. Create a RTF clipboard by :
FRtfClipBrdHandle := RegisterClipboardFormat('Rich Text
Format')

2. Copy a RTF text (containing Header and footer) to this
clipboard.

3. Paste the clipboard data in a newly open word.

Header footer doesn't appear up.
Please suggest the remedy or a work around.

Thanks
Gagan

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:49:22 GMT
 MS word Header Footer and clipboard problem
Hi Gagan,

Seems normal to me. Word probably only wants to insert valid
"main body text" into the document when you paste.

Why not OPEN the RTF file in Word as a document?

Quote:
> Header and footer getting removed when a RTF text is
> copied to a RTF clipboard and paste back to the MS Word
> document. Steps :

> 1. Create a RTF clipboard by :
> FRtfClipBrdHandle := RegisterClipboardFormat('Rich Text
> Format')

> 2. Copy a RTF text (containing Header and footer) to this
> clipboard.

> 3. Paste the clipboard data in a newly open word.

> Header footer doesn't appear up.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jan
24 2003)
http://www.mvps.org/word

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:53:42 GMT
 MS word Header Footer and clipboard problem

that is the expected functionality. You may be able to get lucky if
you whack a section break at the end of your clip target.

Quote:
>Hi

>Header and footer getting removed when a RTF text is
>copied to a RTF clipboard and paste back to the MS Word
>document. Steps :

>1. Create a RTF clipboard by :
>FRtfClipBrdHandle := RegisterClipboardFormat('Rich Text
>Format')

>2. Copy a RTF text (containing Header and footer) to this
>clipboard.

>3. Paste the clipboard data in a newly open word.

>Header footer doesn't appear up.
>Please suggest the remedy or a work around.

>Thanks
>Gagan

Steve Hudson

Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
Tricky stuff with Word or words for you.

Products:   http://www.geocities.com/word_heretic/products.html
Spellbooks: 735 pages of dump left and dropping...

The VBA Beginner's Spellbook: For all VBA users.

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:23:18 GMT

1. Controlling Header/Footer in Word Using Excel

2. Urgent : I want to change the header and footer of word document using VBA

3. Merge multiple word files with header/footer

4. Getting Merge Field from a Word Document Header and Footer

5. Adjusting headers/footers in a macro in Word 2000

6. Automatic TOC with Section Headers in Header/Footer

7. Header & Footer problems

8. Problem w/ Header/Footer

9. header/footer append problems

10. Page Header and Page Footer Problem

11. Copy MS Word Document into clipboard from VB3

12. Adding VBA to a MS Word 2000 Header -- How To