Cannot begin using VBA
Author Message
 Cannot begin using VBA

I am attempting to use the VBA Code Sample #40,
http://www.*-*-*.com/ #Code40.  I am using Office 97
SR-2 with Outlook 97 (8.04.8018)

When I open the template I receive an error that states:
Compile error:
Can't find project or library

Tools > References shows a MISSING: Outlook 98 Type Library at the Location:
*\OFFICE\msoutl85.olb.  When I browse the location to my nearest match at:
*\OFFICE\msoutl8.olb and save the template, upon opening the template, I get
a new error that states:
Error No: 438; Description: Object doesn't support this property or method

Both SR-1 and SR-2 have been installed on the computer, but I do not have
the file msoutl85.olb anywhere on the hard drive.  How can I get the VBA
Code Sample #40 to work?

Thank you,
Nick

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:44:52 GMT
 Cannot begin using VBA
I'm not sure what Helen has in her code sample, but it was set up for
Outlook 98 and that's the library that was referenced. The library you
replaced it with is for Outlook 97. Outlook 98 added a lot to the
object model so I'm sure it is something that isn't there in Outlook
97.

Outlook 98 is no longer available for updating to, except if you can
find a book that has the CD somewhere. Building Applications with
Outlook 98 from MS Press is one of the books that has that CD. Other
than that you could update to Outlook 2002, the current version.
However, that would be expensive.

You could also write to Helen and see what she has to say about that
code sample.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> I am attempting to use the VBA Code Sample #40,
> http://www.helenfeddema.com/CodeSamples.htm#Code40.  I am using
Office 97
> SR-2 with Outlook 97 (8.04.8018)

> When I open the template I receive an error that states:
> Compile error:
> Can't find project or library

> Tools > References shows a MISSING: Outlook 98 Type Library at the
Location:
> *\OFFICE\msoutl85.olb.  When I browse the location to my nearest
match at:
> *\OFFICE\msoutl8.olb and save the template, upon opening the
template, I get
> a new error that states:
> Error No: 438; Description: Object doesn't support this property or
method

> Both SR-1 and SR-2 have been installed on the computer, but I do not
have
> the file msoutl85.olb anywhere on the hard drive.  How can I get the
VBA
> Code Sample #40 to work?

> Thank you,
> Nick

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:57:09 GMT
 Cannot begin using VBA
Thanks for your speedy reply.

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:14:48 GMT

1. Beginning Access 2k VBA book question

2. SQL using >, <, begins with etc...

3. Help with transactions using Begin Trans, Edit, and CommTrans

4. Help with transactions using Begin Trans, Edit, and CommTrans

5. Begin a network session using api

6. Cannot set format property with VBA

7. VBA Transfer Text CSV - Cannot find file

8. One workstation cannot open or execute VBA code in Access 97

9. Outlook 2002/Win XP, Cannot send RTF msg from VBA app

10. Cannot use VBA macro's in Outlook 2002 (XP)

11. Access 2000 VBA/SQL - cannot create pseudo-index on linked SQL Server table

12. Cannot install VBA Tools