Did update query change records?
Author Message
 Did update query change records?

I'm using this fragment via vba:

strSQL= "UPDATE <stmt>"
dbs.execute strsql

How can I tell if the update query actually updated any records? Is any flag
set that I can test which indicates whether an update occurred?

Thanks.

--
Bill

PhotoSourceFolio webmaster
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Did update query change records?
Hi,

With DAO, you can try the property RecordsAffected (see help file for more
details).

Hoping it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP.

Quote:
> I'm using this fragment via vba:

> strSQL= "UPDATE <stmt>"
> dbs.execute strsql

> How can I tell if the update query actually updated any records? Is any
flag
> set that I can test which indicates whether an update occurred?

> Thanks.

> --
> Bill

> PhotoSourceFolio webmaster
> http://www.photosourcefolio.com

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6,Access97,ADO - Update query doesn't update all records

2. UPDATE query not updating records

3. Doing Update/Delete Queries

4. Scanning records and doing updates

5. Query records, update then append?

6. Creating an Update to New Record Command Button on Form Based on Multitable Query

7. Jet 3.51 with VB5: Large SQL update query misses some records

8. Updating Records in Query

9. form won't update after query changed in VBA

10. Changed table/fieldnames - Update queries,forms,modules?

11. Query updates after recordset changes

12. Update field in record with last date changed