Updating a userproperty with data in a text file
Author Message
 Updating a userproperty with data in a text file

I have a list of contacts with a userproperty field, I
would like to update the field with data that is in a txt
file - Is it possible to import data into existing
contacts?

Thanks,

(and thanks for the previous help, it's what I needed)

Trevor

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:06:46 GMT
 Updating a userproperty with data in a text file
I've had a thought - would it be feasible to import the
txt file data into a different contacts folder
(contacts2) - having the data I want to use for the update
mapped to user field 1 as well as a second set of data
that has account numbers into user field 2 - then compare
the user field 2 value (the account number) in the
contacts2 folder to a userproperty field in the original
contacts folder which already contains the account
numbers, and if a match is found the user property field
for the contact in the original contacts folder is updated
with the user field 1 value in the contacts2 folder?

Thanks - TDR

Quote:

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:23:11 GMT
 Updating a userproperty with data in a text file
You'll have to use a third-party tool or custom code to import to a custom field and merge with existing data. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/customimport.htm.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> I have a list of contacts with a userproperty field, I
> would like to update the field with data that is in a txt
> file - Is it possible to import data into existing
> contacts?

> Thanks,

> (and thanks for the previous help, it's what I needed)

> Trevor

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:28:54 GMT
 Updating a userproperty with data in a text file
And one more thing - If the comparison doesn't find a
match for the account number in the original contacts
folder I would like the code to copy the contact from
contacts2 to the original contacts folder (from there I
now know how to copy the user field values to the user
properties) - thanks
Quote:

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:35:46 GMT

1. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

2. Update / Delete linked text file data

3. Updating Data in a Self Joined Many-to-Many Data Structure (Previous Post Omitted Text)

4. Help: Update PowerPoint slide Text from a flat text file from within VB

5. Can the ADO Text Driver Update Text Files?

6. Updating a text file via TEXT ISAM

7. can't access data from text file use Data control

8. True Data Bound Grid to update text boxes

9. Vb 4.0 Problems updating Text Boxes from Combo Box linked to Data Control

10. Editing text file to create data file.

11. File Association/reading text file data

12. Open a text file, search for place holder, then write data to file