Excel open .doc or word open .xls?
Author Message
 Excel open .doc or word open .xls?

I use the command like this in excel,

finame=trim(a1)
activewindow.print

with a circle command, can print all the file named in a1-
a10,but I want to print some .doc file, and put the file
names in a1-a10,what should I do?
or I shouldn't put the file names in excel cells, using
other methods?

Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:10:09 GMT
 Excel open .doc or word open .xls?
Hi Ldh,

I'm not sure I quite understand... Are you running this from
within Word, or within Excel?

You want to print any number of Word documents, and
before/after you print, their names should be written to an
Excel sheet, in the cells?

This is certainly possible; you just need the right syntax.
There are a couple of articles on automating Word/Excel on
the mvps.org/word website that might help you getting
started.

Quote:
> I use the command like this in excel,

> finame=trim(a1)
> activewindow.print

> with a circle command, can print all the file named in a1-
> a10,but I want to print some .doc file, and put the file
> names in a1-a10,what should I do?
> or I shouldn't put the file names in excel cells, using
> other methods?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:40:51 GMT

1. open doc/excel file in frame with Word/Excel menubar

2. To open EXCEL or WORD doc read-onl

3. opening doc, xls, html, etc from my programm

4. Auto close open doc when opening another doc

5. Open word 97 doc with doc name as variable

6. Printing multiple Word doc files without opening each in word

7. Problem with opening Excel after opening Excel inside Microsoft Internet Controls

8. Open Excel doc from VBA

9. Opening an Excel doc from an Outlook custom form

10. Opening a excel doc within explorer

11. Opening a Word Doc from Access with File Name Stored in a Table

12. What is the Best way to open a Word Doc