Drop Down menu auto filling date elsewhere
Author Message
 Drop Down menu auto filling date elsewhere

Hi all,

Not overly familiar with forms and user forms - hope my question is posted
to the right NG.

In My doc, there is a table, which has several cells.
One cell has a dropdown menu with a list of company names.
the next cell is the address for the company selected from dropdown.

Is there an efficient way of having the relevant address automagically
"appear" (brain dead today - can't think of a better word) when the company
name is selected?

i.e. If I select company "a" from the dropdown menu, address for company "a"
is displayed in the address cell. If company "b" is selected, address "b" is
displayed. Etc

Hope someone can help me out a bit,

thanks

--
Nick
Doesnotcompute

// http://www.*-*-*.com/ \\
// DELETE the spamtrap from Email address \\

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:31:54 GMT
 Drop Down menu auto filling date elsewhere
Hi Nick,

Do you use formfields in a protected document? How can the address be looked up, or do you use a formfield with the addresses in the second cell perhaps?
If you can provide a bit more info, we might find you a way to get this done.

If the address data is stored in your Outlook Contacts, the solution provided in the following article, could be an alternative solution:

Using {Macrobutton} fields to insert information from the Outlook Address Book into documents such as letters
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/InsertAdrsWMacroFld.htm

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Not overly familiar with forms and user forms - hope my question is posted
> to the right NG.

> In My doc, there is a table, which has several cells.
> One cell has a dropdown menu with a list of company names.
> the next cell is the address for the company selected from dropdown.

> Is there an efficient way of having the relevant address automagically
> "appear" (brain dead today - can't think of a better word) when the company
> name is selected?

> i.e. If I select company "a" from the dropdown menu, address for company "a"
> is displayed in the address cell. If company "b" is selected, address "b" is
> displayed. Etc

> Hope someone can help me out a bit,

> thanks

> --
> Nick
> Doesnotcompute

> // http://www.darkwings.co.uk \\
> // DELETE the spamtrap from Email address \\

Thu, 07 Apr 2005 08:10:59 GMT

1. Press F1 key while drop-down menu item highlighted, drop-down menu stays on top

2. Fill drop-down menu with elements of Dbase

3. Filling a combo drop down from access table

4. filling a drop down usinga text file

5. drop down auto text problem

6. Combo Auto Drop Down?

7. Drop Down List Box - Drop Down portion does not always disappear after Click event

8. best auto-scroll drop-down

9. VBA code to go to a bookmarked drop down goes to wrong drop down

10. Help Drop down menus

11. Journal/entries with contact info drop down menu

12. Drop-Down Menu for Standard Tasks?