Import help
Author Message
 Import help

Hi I am wondering if anyone could please help me!
I have to design a database consistng of one table.
From this table I have a bunch of queries to do with graphs.
This is not a problem.
My problem arises getting the data.  I have written a bunch of macros in
Excel that will retrieve the data and sort it how I would exactly want it in
my
access table.  But what I want to do now is build a form in access and add
a button that will automaticly run excel and my macros then import the data
into
the access table.

Thanks for your time Ryan

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Import help
This is probably doable using automation, but my approach would be to
import the data directly into Access (docmd.importSpreadsheet) and sort it
there with queries.

Quote:
> Hi I am wondering if anyone could please help me!
> I have to design a database consistng of one table.
> From this table I have a bunch of queries to do with graphs.
> This is not a problem.
> My problem arises getting the data.  I have written a bunch of macros in
> Excel that will retrieve the data and sort it how I would exactly want it
in
> my
> access table.  But what I want to do now is build a form in access and
add
> a button that will automaticly run excel and my macros then import the
data
> into
> the access table.

> Thanks for your time Ryan

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Import help
Ryan,

Why bother with importation into an access table.  If you are already able
massage the data in excell, why not just use a linked table.  That will cut out
several steps. You will still need the forms and queries and stuff, but life
will be less complicated.

Jay

Quote:

> Hi I am wondering if anyone could please help me!
> I have to design a database consistng of one table.
> From this table I have a bunch of queries to do with graphs.
> This is not a problem.
> My problem arises getting the data.  I have written a bunch of macros in
> Excel that will retrieve the data and sort it how I would exactly want it in
> my
> access table.  But what I want to do now is build a form in access and add
> a button that will automaticly run excel and my macros then import the data
> into
> the access table.

> Thanks for your time Ryan

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Import help
Ryan,
Use the runapp command to launch excel and the the sendkeys command to run
your macros

will

Tue, 01 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access97 Runtime and File Imports--HELP!!!!!!!

2. Automating CSV import HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ASCII Import -- HELP!!!

4. Import CSV but splitting the import data into two tables

5. importing from Ecxel 96 (no time is imported)

6. Import Ascii (Textual) Data with Import Wizard

7. Need Help on Relationships for imported tables...

8. help reqired Re: Exporting / Importing Custom tool menu bars

9. Help Excel Import

10. HELP - Imports worked for 2 yrs now missing records

11. Help Importing Text

12. Help with Import / Error handling