Signature Signatures collection ??
Author Message
 Signature Signatures collection ??

Vb6/vba/vb.net ... don't care which.
How does one go about programmatically accessing an account's stored
signatures.
I am trying to write an app for my company that will remove all of the
calendar items, draft items, etc, and signature items from an outlook
account so that our 'training accounts' are clean for the next student who
will be using the machine.
The calendar and email items were easy, they are all in various folders that
I can get to, but I can't find a reference to Signatures anywhere and I'm
going crazy looking!
I need to delete them, I don't need to 'use' them.

Any help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks :)
Aaron
demon420

Mon, 22 Aug 2005 05:01:20 GMT
 Signature Signatures collection ??
Signatures are stored as files in %UserProfile%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Signatures as .htm, .rtf and .txt files.  If you include a
vCard with your signature, it's there as well.  So if the user to whom the
profile belongs is not a permanent user, that folder can safely be removed.

The signatures currently in use for new messages and replies are stored in
the registry (for Office XP) at
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\MailSettings]
under the key names NewSignature and ReplySignature.  These keys can also
safely be deleted.

Note that if you are using Office 2000, you'll want to replace the 10.0
above with 9.0.

As for the calendar items and such, the easiest way would be to use PST
files, and simply replace the "dirty" PST file with a "clean" PST file with
nothing in it.  If you're using an exchange server, you could do something
like:

Sub deleteEVERYTHING(folderID)
    Set oFolder = Session.GetFolderFromID(folderID)
    For Each oItem in oFolder.Items
        oItem.Delete
    Next
    'The line below will remove everything from the deleted items folder, if
folderID
    'doesn't refer to the deleted items folder.
    If Not folderID = Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderDeletedItems).EntryID
Then _

deleteEVERYTHING(Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderDeletedItems).EntryID
End Sub

Hope this helps!
Robert

Quote:
> Vb6/vba/vb.net ... don't care which.
> How does one go about programmatically accessing an account's stored
> signatures.
> I am trying to write an app for my company that will remove all of the
> calendar items, draft items, etc, and signature items from an outlook
> account so that our 'training accounts' are clean for the next student who
> will be using the machine.
> The calendar and email items were easy, they are all in various folders
that
> I can get to, but I can't find a reference to Signatures anywhere and I'm
> going crazy looking!
> I need to delete them, I don't need to 'use' them.

> Any help will be much appreciated!!

> Thanks :)
> Aaron
> demon420

Mon, 22 Aug 2005 06:21:45 GMT
 Signature Signatures collection ??
THANK YOU!!  I already had similar code written to clear the message
folders, but you have just saved me hours of frustated searching for the
Signatures.

Robert, 'you the man', and don't let anyone tell you different :)

Thanks again!!
Aaron
demon420

Quote:
> Signatures are stored as files in %UserProfile%\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Signatures as .htm, .rtf and .txt files.  If you include a
> vCard with your signature, it's there as well.  So if the user to whom the
> profile belongs is not a permanent user, that folder can safely be
removed.

> The signatures currently in use for new messages and replies are stored in
> the registry (for Office XP) at
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\MailSettings]
> under the key names NewSignature and ReplySignature.  These keys can also
> safely be deleted.

> Note that if you are using Office 2000, you'll want to replace the 10.0
> above with 9.0.

> As for the calendar items and such, the easiest way would be to use PST
> files, and simply replace the "dirty" PST file with a "clean" PST file
with
> nothing in it.  If you're using an exchange server, you could do something
> like:

> Sub deleteEVERYTHING(folderID)
>     Set oFolder = Session.GetFolderFromID(folderID)
>     For Each oItem in oFolder.Items
>         oItem.Delete
>     Next
>     'The line below will remove everything from the deleted items folder,
if
> folderID
>     'doesn't refer to the deleted items folder.
>     If Not folderID =

Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderDeletedItems).EntryID

> Then _

> deleteEVERYTHING(Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderDeletedItems).EntryID
> End Sub

> Hope this helps!
> Robert

> > Vb6/vba/vb.net ... don't care which.
> > How does one go about programmatically accessing an account's stored
> > signatures.
> > I am trying to write an app for my company that will remove all of the
> > calendar items, draft items, etc, and signature items from an outlook
> > account so that our 'training accounts' are clean for the next student
who
> > will be using the machine.
> > The calendar and email items were easy, they are all in various folders
> that
> > I can get to, but I can't find a reference to Signatures anywhere and
I'm
> > going crazy looking!
> > I need to delete them, I don't need to 'use' them.

> > Any help will be much appreciated!!

> > Thanks :)
> > Aaron
> > demon420

Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:02:24 GMT

1. Need Help with mail signature

2. Programmatically change Outlook signatures

3. outlook signatures programming

4. Add signature by code

5. Reply to plain text with HTML and correct auto signature OL2002

6. Personal Digital Signature (Sign a VBA project for security)

7. auto signature in Outlook NT

8. signature

9. outlook signature

10. Outlook new signature field and VB (and VBA)

11. Outlook email Signature

12. Adding Digital Signature (HELP)