Need macro or VB code to send multiple emails 
Author Message
 Need macro or VB code to send multiple emails

Forgive me for the crossposting. This was originally submitted to
vb.general.discussion but later discovered this newsgroup which is probably
more appropriate for this situation.

Outlook 2000 is my default mail handler and I connect to the Internet via
LAN to an dial-up ISDN modem. I have about 12 Excel worksheets that I update
every weekday and then email to their respective recipients. Currently, I
use Windows Explorer to view the list of Excel files then I highlight one of
them, right click and use the Send To to complete the transaction. This
process is repeated for all of the files; you get the picture.

I'd like to create a macro, or a VB application, that will do this for me
without intervention except for launching the program. Not sure if this is
an issue, but should the program wait until the Outbox is clear of the
previous email before sending the next? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Barry



Sun, 08 Jun 2003 21:23:00 GMT  
 Need macro or VB code to send multiple emails
No, you can just send them all without waiting for the Outbox to
clear.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
Appendices, Sams


Quote:
> Forgive me for the crossposting. This was originally submitted to
> vb.general.discussion but later discovered this newsgroup which is
probably
> more appropriate for this situation.

> Outlook 2000 is my default mail handler and I connect to the
Internet via
> LAN to an dial-up ISDN modem. I have about 12 Excel worksheets that
I update
> every weekday and then email to their respective recipients.
Currently, I
> use Windows Explorer to view the list of Excel files then I
highlight one of
> them, right click and use the Send To to complete the transaction.
This
> process is repeated for all of the files; you get the picture.

> I'd like to create a macro, or a VB application, that will do this
for me
> without intervention except for launching the program. Not sure if
this is
> an issue, but should the program wait until the Outbox is clear of
the
> previous email before sending the next? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

> Barry



Sun, 08 Jun 2003 22:21:28 GMT  
 Need macro or VB code to send multiple emails
Thanks Ken. I found some sample code on the Net thanks to this group and am
working on it now. I am having a problem with the Attachment.Filename
property. See my new post regarding this issue.

Barry



Quote:
> No, you can just send them all without waiting for the Outbox to
> clear.

> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
> Appendices, Sams



> > Forgive me for the crossposting. This was originally submitted to
> > vb.general.discussion but later discovered this newsgroup which is
> probably
> > more appropriate for this situation.

> > Outlook 2000 is my default mail handler and I connect to the
> Internet via
> > LAN to an dial-up ISDN modem. I have about 12 Excel worksheets that
> I update
> > every weekday and then email to their respective recipients.
> Currently, I
> > use Windows Explorer to view the list of Excel files then I
> highlight one of
> > them, right click and use the Send To to complete the transaction.
> This
> > process is repeated for all of the files; you get the picture.

> > I'd like to create a macro, or a VB application, that will do this
> for me
> > without intervention except for launching the program. Not sure if
> this is
> > an issue, but should the program wait until the Outbox is clear of
> the
> > previous email before sending the next? Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.

> > Barry



Mon, 09 Jun 2003 01:36:16 GMT  
 Need macro or VB code to send multiple emails
As Dmitry said in that thread, Attachments isn't a valid property. Use
Attachments and the Add method.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
Appendices, Sams


Quote:
> Thanks Ken. I found some sample code on the Net thanks to this group
and am
> working on it now. I am having a problem with the
Attachment.Filename
> property. See my new post regarding this issue.

> Barry



Mon, 09 Jun 2003 04:07:06 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Same Email sent to multiple email accounts

2. macro for outlook to send multiple mail with multiple attachments

3. Need to code sending email to various recipients

4. Send/Receive email using MAPI code needed...

5. Need some code to send an email with the Microsoft Internet Controls

6. Need info on sending email with eVB code

7. how to send notification email when new email arrives (help needed, please)

8. How do you send Outlook 2000 email using WORD 97 VBA Macro

9. macro that opens an excel attachment and then sends it to an email address

10. Macro to send email and attachment to current contact

11. Sending an email at specific time intervals using a macro

12. Macro to send email based on status of task item

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software