Automatic Sending of Email by third party software (Access based)
Author Message
 Automatic Sending of Email by third party software (Access based)

Sometime back, there was another post about a system tray program that would
trap these dialogs.  You put a little custom code into your modules, but it
worked for me.  Unfortunately I lost a hard drive and don't remember the
name of the program.  If anyone has it, I would appreciate a reference.

Thanks.

Quote:
> Hello,
> I'm running a broadcast email function where it uses
> microsoft Access to send out emails via microsft outlook
> using the email addresses found on my access database.  It
> was working for me before but when I applied one of the
> servicepacks for office.  It won't let me send out those
> emails automatically. I get a prompt to ask me if I want
> to continue. Please see word document to see screenshot.

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:50:47 GMT
 Automatic Sending of Email by third party software (Access based)
The security dialogs that pop up when an application tries to access certain Outlook properties and methods are designed to inhibit the spread of viruses via Outlook; see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec. If you are a standalone user, Outlook provides no way to suppress this behavior. However, you can use a free tool called Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) to click the security dialog buttons automatically. Beware that this means if a virus tries to send mail using Outlook or gain access to your address book, it will succeed.

If you're the administrator in an Exchange Server environment, you can reduce the impact of the security prompts with administrative tools. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm

If it's an application you wrote yourself, you can use one of these approaches to redo the program:

    -- Use Extended MAPI (see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/mapi.htm) and C++ or Delphi; this is the most secure method and the only one that Microsoft recommendeds.

    -- Use Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/), a third-party COM library that wraps around Extended MAPI but parallels the Outlook Object Model

    -- Use SendKeys to "click" the buttons on the security dialogs that your application may trigger. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec for a link to sample code.

    -- Program the free Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) tool to start suspended and turn it on only when your program needs to have the buttons clicked automatically.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Sometime back, there was another post about a system tray program that would
> trap these dialogs.  You put a little custom code into your modules, but it
> worked for me.  Unfortunately I lost a hard drive and don't remember the
> name of the program.  If anyone has it, I would appreciate a reference.

> Thanks.

> > Hello,
> > I'm running a broadcast email function where it uses
> > microsoft Access to send out emails via microsft outlook
> > using the email addresses found on my access database.  It
> > was working for me before but when I applied one of the
> > servicepacks for office.  It won't let me send out those
> > emails automatically. I get a prompt to ask me if I want
> > to continue. Please see word document to see screenshot.

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:59:17 GMT
 Automatic Sending of Email by third party software (Access based)
ClickYes was it; thanks.
Glenn

The security dialogs that pop up when an application tries to access certain
Outlook properties and methods are designed to inhibit the spread of viruses
via Outlook; see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec. If you
are a standalone user, Outlook provides no way to suppress this behavior.
However, you can use a free tool called Express ClickYes
(http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) to click the security
dialog buttons automatically. Beware that this means if a virus tries to
send mail using Outlook or gain access to your address book, it will
succeed.

If you're the administrator in an Exchange Server environment, you can
reduce the impact of the security prompts with administrative tools. See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm

If it's an application you wrote yourself, you can use one of these
approaches to redo the program:

    -- Use Extended MAPI (see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/mapi.htm) and C++
or Delphi; this is the most secure method and the only one that Microsoft
recommendeds.

    -- Use Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/), a third-party
COM library that wraps around Extended MAPI but parallels the Outlook Object
Model

    -- Use SendKeys to "click" the buttons on the security dialogs that your
application may trigger. See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec for a link to sample
code.

    -- Program the free Express ClickYes
(http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) tool to start suspended
and turn it on only when your program needs to have the buttons clicked
automatically.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Sometime back, there was another post about a system tray program that
would
> trap these dialogs.  You put a little custom code into your modules, but
it
> worked for me.  Unfortunately I lost a hard drive and don't remember the
> name of the program.  If anyone has it, I would appreciate a reference.

> Thanks.

> > Hello,
> > I'm running a broadcast email function where it uses
> > microsoft Access to send out emails via microsft outlook
> > using the email addresses found on my access database.  It
> > was working for me before but when I applied one of the
> > servicepacks for office.  It won't let me send out those
> > emails automatically. I get a prompt to ask me if I want
> > to continue. Please see word document to see screenshot.

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 03:07:39 GMT

1. Automatic Sending of Email by third party software (Access based)

2. Third Party Installation Software

3. Suggestion for good third party demoing software

4. Sending Email with Default Email Software WITH Attachment

5. access rights issue using a third party dll from my dll under iis

6. automatic send email to owner in list

7. Automatic Sending of Email

8. send email based on a condition

9. want to forward emails sent to CONTACTS based on category

10. Macro to send email based on status of task item

11. Sending an Email based on value in INI file

12. sending emails with aol-software