Add text to the beginning of an existing string
Author Message
 Add text to the beginning of an existing string

Is there a way (I know there is) to add text to the beginning of an existing
string?

Could it be as simple as:        ExistingString = NewString + ExistingString

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 21:46:09 GMT
 Add text to the beginning of an existing string
Well I can't see any other replies at this moment, so in my world I'm the
first of no doubt hundreds to say...

Yes.

Regards

Peter Russell

Quote:

> Is there a way (I know there is) to add text to the beginning of an
> existing
> string?

> Could it be as simple as:        ExistingString = NewString +
> ExistingString

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:19:00 GMT
 Add text to the beginning of an existing string

Quote:

>Is there a way (I know there is) to add text to the beginning of an existing
>string?

>Could it be as simple as:        ExistingString = NewString + ExistingString

To add to Peter's eloquent reply  ;-)

It is more usual to use:
        ExistingString = NewString & ExistingString

Plus will propagate a Null value, ampersand will not.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:25:50 GMT

1. Add a date string on an existing image

2. Add a date string to a existing image.

3. Blank space at beginning of paragraph when Text Interpretation is set to HTML Text

4. Can't select text AND have caret at beginning of text

5. How to modified existing field and add new field in existing table for Access database

6. Search a string and change a character if it exists in the string

7. Adding strings to a text-box

8. adding a string to a text

9. Add a string to the end of a Text Box

10. 0 at the beginning of string

11. how to access a binary string, beginning with zero byte

12. how to access a binary string, beginning with zero byte