Format function not recognized
Author Message
 Format function not recognized

Hmm..  All of a sudden the format function doesn't repond in modules...but
just in one database...not any others.

I get a can't find project or library.

Is there a reference unchecked somewhere?

Format also doesnt work in queries either.

I tried repairing the database, no change.

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Format function not recognized
Hi James,

Try this link.

< http://home.att.net/~dashish/bugs/bugs0001.htm >

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:
[...]

Quote:
>Hmm..  All of a sudden the format function doesn't repond in modules...but
>just in one database...not any others.

>I get a can't find project or library.

>Is there a reference unchecked somewhere?

>Format also doesnt work in queries either.

>I tried repairing the database, no change.

Open Tools | References and look for any checked item, that is listed as
MISSING.  Dev's URL explains the general solution for this problem.

I've seen cases where the missing reference can be safely unchecked.
Specifically, I once added a reference for purposes of experimenting with a
new ActiveX control.  Copied the working db over to another user's machine,
and saw problems like you described.  I knew the app was not relying on the
missing reference (I hadn't actually worked the control into the application),
so I simply unchecked it, and the problem was fixed.

Eric

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Format function not recognized
This is an Access 97 BUG! Microsoft can you fix this so it works with MDE
files and the runtime? Here is a useful post I found recently...

This problem is due to missing references in the database. These are easy to
fix if you are opening the DB using full access (check references list) and
can be fixed using the Referances wizard (available from
http://home.att.net/~dashish/) when running an mdb using runtime version. If
running an mde file using runtime version I overcame the problem by
stripping out all the problem functions, create a function using fully
qualified references and then call that function in their place eg.
Instead of "Name: Left([AField], 4)"
use: Name: "Name: MyFunction([AField])" where
Function MyFunction(strAField as string) as string
    MyFunction = Left(strAField,4)end function
Its not the cleanest of solutions but works fine with minimal impact on
performance.Neil

Quote:

>>Hmm..  All of a sudden the format function doesn't repond in modules...but
>>just in one database...not any others.

>>I get a can't find project or library.

>>Is there a reference unchecked somewhere?

>>Format also doesnt work in queries either.

>>I tried repairing the database, no change.

>Open Tools | References and look for any checked item, that is listed as
>MISSING.  Dev's URL explains the general solution for this problem.

>I've seen cases where the missing reference can be safely unchecked.
>Specifically, I once added a reference for purposes of experimenting with a
>new ActiveX control.  Copied the working db over to another user's machine,
>and saw problems like you described.  I knew the app was not relying on the
>missing reference (I hadn't actually worked the control into the
application),
>so I simply unchecked it, and the problem was fixed.

>Eric

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 6.- not recognizing Access 2000 .mdb format

2. User defined function not recognized

3. Trim Function Not Recognized?

4. function names not recognized in Access 97

5. Access 7.0 does not recognize VBA functions

6. Access not recognizing string functions

7. Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.

8. Word can not recognize VBA function.

9. public function not recognized by another form....

10. VB5 Implements Not Recognizing Function

11. Subroutines and Functions not recognized

12. public function not recognized by another form....