macro security warning !
Author Message
 macro security warning !

Hi ,
 i have created a macro in outlook 2k to place messages in
folders based on who the message is addresed to!
I have used self cert to overcome security .
When the macro runs I get a message " a macro is trying to
access  your address book etc etc , if you wish to allow
access for x minutes etc " This delay causes the macro to
fail if more than one message is delivered to the inbox !
Can any one tell me how to turn this off? or any other
suggestions
many thanks in anticapation
MC

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:24:23 GMT
 macro security warning !
The security dialogs that pop up when an application tries to access certain Outlook properties and methods are designed to inhibit the spread of viruses via Outlook; see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec. If you are a standalone user, Outlook provides no way to suppress this behavior. However, you can use a free tool called Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) to click the security dialog buttons automatically. Beware that this means if a virus tries to send mail using Outlook or gain access to your address book, it will succeed.

If you're the administrator in an Exchange Server environment, you can reduce the impact of the security prompts with administrative tools. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm

If it's an application you wrote yourself, you can use one of these approaches to redo the program:

    -- Use Extended MAPI (see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/mapi.htm) and C++ or Delphi; this is the most secure method and the only one that Microsoft recommendeds.

    -- Use Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/), a third-party COM library that wraps around Extended MAPI but parallels the Outlook Object Model

    -- Use SendKeys to "click" the buttons on the security dialogs that your application may trigger. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec for a link to sample code.

    -- Program the free Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) tool to start suspended and turn it on only when your program needs to have the buttons clicked automatically.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Hi ,
>  i have created a macro in outlook 2k to place messages in
> folders based on who the message is addresed to!
> I have used self cert to overcome security .
> When the macro runs I get a message " a macro is trying to
> access  your address book etc etc , if you wish to allow
> access for x minutes etc " This delay causes the macro to
> fail if more than one message is delivered to the inbox !
> Can any one tell me how to turn this off? or any other
> suggestions
> many thanks in anticapation
> MC

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:57:59 GMT

1. Newbie, turn off macro security warning

2. Macro Security Warning... Doesn't Always Fire!!!

3. Security warnings & signed macros

4. Macro Warnings without macros

5. disabling the macro security to execute a macro

6. disabling the macro security to execute a macro

7. disabling the macro security to execute a macro

8. Security Warning

9. Bypass security warning

10. Avoiding security warning during createrecipient

11. Avoid security warning when sending a mail.

12. Outlook, Access, VBA, and Security Warning