VBA String Manipulation DLL Missing
Author Message
 VBA String Manipulation DLL Missing

I developed an Access application that uses the Str(), InStr(), Left(),
Mid(), and Right() functions.  The application works fine on my machine but
on several others only the InStr() function works.  The Left(), Mid(),
Right(), and Str() functions can't be found.  (It gets the project or
library can't be found message.)

Can anyone please tell me what magic I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Steve Ireland

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA String Manipulation DLL Missing

Hi,

This is a common problem that users might face whenever they upgrade from
Office 95 to Office 97. Sometimes, Access loses references to libraries
containing the definitions to above and other functions, giving you the
error message. Follow these steps to fix the error:

- Open a code module (any module, even a new one)

- Select Tools from the menu bar

- Select References.

- Uncheck any references that have the word 'Missing' tagged with

themselves (most usually utility.mda).

- Select Compile and Save all modules.

HTH

--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

Quote:

>I developed an Access application that uses the Str(), InStr(), Left(),
>Mid(), and Right() functions.  The application works fine on my machine but
>on several others only the InStr() function works.  The Left(), Mid(),
>Right(), and Str() functions can't be found.  (It gets the project or
>library can't be found message.)

>Can anyone please tell me what magic I'm missing?

>Thanks in advance,
>Steve Ireland

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA String Manipulation DLL Missing

Sounds like you are missing some Help files. Best cure is to do a reinstall
of Access (Office 97 if applicable).

Mike Self

Quote:

>I developed an Access application that uses the Str(), InStr(), Left(),
>Mid(), and Right() functions.  The application works fine on my machine but
>on several others only the InStr() function works.  The Left(), Mid(),
>Right(), and Str() functions can't be found.  (It gets the project or
>library can't be found message.)

>Can anyone please tell me what magic I'm missing?

>Thanks in advance,
>Steve Ireland

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA String Manipulation DLL Missing

Open one of your modules in Design view.  From the Access menu select Tools > References, and check
for any references beginning with the work "Missing".  Uncheck that (those) item(s), close the
module, and try your application elements that use the string functions again.

HTH,

Quote:

>I developed an Access application that uses the Str(), InStr(), Left(),
>Mid(), and Right() functions.  The application works fine on my machine but
>on several others only the InStr() function works.  The Left(), Mid(),
>Right(), and Str() functions can't be found.  (It gets the project or
>library can't be found message.)

>Can anyone please tell me what magic I'm missing?

>Thanks in advance,
>Steve Ireland

John McKee

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA String Manipulation DLL Missing

That did it.  Thanks for your help John.

Steve

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. String manipulation in VBA

2. Access97 RT Setup: Different missing VBA-DLLs on NT4/Win98

3. string manipulation, string routines, etc.

4. Error messages "VBA Expression Service"/N16.DLL missing

5. Missing DLL that's not missing -sortof.

6. Null Terminated String from VBA to C DLL

7. MSVBVM50.DLL file is linked to missing export OLEAUTO32.DLL:421

8. Error 20540 missing or out of date export dll for u2fxls.dll

9. files missing u25store.dll u25total.dll

10. Missing ODAPIxx.dll and pdbbtrv.dll ??

11. MSVBVM50.DLL is linked to missing export OLEAUT32.DLL

12. String manipulation