Word MailMerge from SQL Server data
Author Message
 Word MailMerge from SQL Server data

I have a SQL Server database with contacts infomation entered from a
variety of sources.  I need to be able to print out mailing labels for
a select subset of the contacts in this SQL Server database.  Is there
anyway to connect Word2000 to a SQL Server 7.0 database as the
datasource??

I'm new at this "automation" business so I've done considerable
reading on the web.  Everything I've seen so far indicates that it's
not possible.  Somehow I can't believe that there's no way to directly
get data from a SQL Server database into Word2000!!

Any ideas, suggestions or "howto" are greatly appreciated.

Cathy

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:41:12 GMT
 Word MailMerge from SQL Server data
Quote:
> I have a SQL Server database with contacts infomation entered from a
> variety of sources.  I need to be able to print out mailing labels for
> a select subset of the contacts in this SQL Server database.  Is there
> anyway to connect Word2000 to a SQL Server 7.0 database as the
> datasource??

Yes, using ODBC with a DSN it should be possible.

You may want to post this in the public.word.mailmerge.fields newsgroup.
And check the messages there from, oh, Feb 18 onwards. There was a very
similar request that Peter Jamieson has answered that should give you a
couple of pointers.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jan 24 2003)
http://www.mvps.org/word

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:52:31 GMT

1. Drawing bar graphs in MS Word based on Excel data and then mailmerging also

2. mailmerge from SQL server using header file

3. inserting data from Word to SQL Server

4. Problem on SQL-Update Statement with a Data-Control in VB 5 and SQL Server 7.0

5. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

6. Bar Codes in MailMerge / Insertion Point in MailMerge

7. Mailmerge Automation - how to link datasource to the mailmerge doc or object

8. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

9. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

10. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

11. VB Sql Server Via ADO Problem: [Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]

12. VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2