What does this error mean?
Author Message
 What does this error mean?

  I am trying to get familiar with writing and using
functions and I'm missing something.
  I opened a new module wrote the function, and saved and
when I try to use it I get
"expected variable or procedure, not module?

Can anyone poke fun at the simple thing I'm missing?

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:18:38 GMT
 What does this error mean?

Quote:
>   I am trying to get familiar with writing and using
> functions and I'm missing something.
>   I opened a new module wrote the function, and saved and
> when I try to use it I get
> "expected variable or procedure, not module?

> Can anyone poke fun at the simple thing I'm missing?

Did you by any chance give the module the same name as the function?
The module must not have the same name as any other global object.  If
the function is named "MyFunction" and the module exists only to hold
this function, you might name the module "basMyFunction" or
"modMyFunction".  Usually, though, I'll group functions of related use
together in one module, and give the module a name related to their
common purpose.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:50:30 GMT
 What does this error mean?
Thats it!   Thanks so much

Quote:

> >   I am trying to get familiar with writing and using
> > functions and I'm missing something.
> >   I opened a new module wrote the function, and saved and
> > when I try to use it I get
> > "expected variable or procedure, not module?

> > Can anyone poke fun at the simple thing I'm missing?

> Did you by any chance give the module the same name as the function?
> The module must not have the same name as any other global object.  If
> the function is named "MyFunction" and the module exists only to hold
> this function, you might name the module "basMyFunction" or
> "modMyFunction".  Usually, though, I'll group functions of related use
> together in one module, and give the module a name related to their
> common purpose.

> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> www.datagnostics.com

> (please reply to the newsgroup)

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 03:57:07 GMT

1. Not sure what this error means. (Error 3426)

2. Meaning of error messages

3. Error message - what does it mean (code included)

4. Error Message - what does it mean

5. What does this error mean?

6. Runtime Error 438 - What does this mean?

7. Meaning of error message

8. Strange error, what does this mean?

9. What does this error mean?

10. What does mean this error