Command Buttons - how to exclude from printing
Author Message
 Command Buttons - how to exclude from printing

I have posted this question in the VBA User Forms group
and the VBA General group ... and so far I have gotten two
WRONG answers.  Let's see if anyone in this group is up to
the challenge.

I have a Command Button (ActiveX Control) on a Word doc.
I do not want the button to print.  I am looking for a
method to have the button visible to the user but excluded
from the printing.

There is no print property for the object nor do I see any
kind of OnPrint event for the document.

Here is what does NOT work:
Tools>Options>Print>Include With Document>Drawing Objects
(set to false)

Anyone care to tackle this one?

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 00:53:41 GMT
 Command Buttons - how to exclude from printing
Hi, Anita,

I did answer your question in vba.general, but here it is again:

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/HidePrintButton.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Quote:

> I have posted this question in the VBA User Forms group
> and the VBA General group ... and so far I have gotten two
> WRONG answers.  Let's see if anyone in this group is up to
> the challenge.

> I have a Command Button (ActiveX Control) on a Word doc.
> I do not want the button to print.  I am looking for a
> method to have the button visible to the user but excluded
> from the printing.

> There is no print property for the object nor do I see any
> kind of OnPrint event for the document.

> Here is what does NOT work:
> Tools>Options>Print>Include With Document>Drawing Objects
> (set to false)

> Anyone care to tackle this one?

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 05:06:51 GMT
 Command Buttons - how to exclude from printing
Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I
ended up using the Intercepting Events solution found at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InterceptSavePrint.
htm.

It suited my needs exactly.

Quote:

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 23:31:03 GMT

1. Excluding Parents Records with a SHAPE Command

2. Print Dialog from command button?

3. Print from command button

4. how not to print command buttons

5. Hiding Command Button when Printing

6. command button that does not print

7. Getting command button to not print on document

8. Don't Print Command Button

9. Printing Individual Section From Command Button

10. Not Printing Command Buttons

11. Print a report using command button on a form

12. Press a print command button