Parameter Query/Null Value help
Author Message
 Parameter Query/Null Value help

I have a parameter query where I am asking the user to query on EmployeeID.
What I am trying to do is if Employee ID is left empty, I want all employee
ids to show up.  How would I do that .
The code I have at the bottom is what I have right now, but I know that
wouldnt work.
How would I do this.  Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like [Enter ID] & "*" Or Is Null

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 03:57:00 GMT
 Parameter Query/Null Value help
Try

EmployeeID Like [Enter ID] & "*"

will be enough.

If nothing is entered, yr query will return all values, in other words
the Like statement will only be evaluated against values entered in the
inputbox.

Krgrds,
Perry

Quote:
> I have a parameter query where I am asking the user to query on
EmployeeID.
> What I am trying to do is if Employee ID is left empty, I want all
employee
> ids to show up.  How would I do that .
> The code I have at the bottom is what I have right now, but I know that
> wouldnt work.
> How would I do this.  Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Like [Enter ID] & "*" Or Is Null

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:12:24 GMT

1. How to pass single, multiple or null parameter value(s) to multiple queries

2. Null values in Parameter queries (or Wildcards)???

3. Null values in Parameter queries (or Wildcards)???

4. NULL Values in SQL Queries - HELP HELP

5. Help: VB and Null parameter query problem

6. Paramter Query/Null Value help

7. NULL Values in SQL Queries - HELP!

8. CAN ADODB.PARAMETER VALUE BE NULL?

9. Passing NULL value to report parameter

10. Parameters do not accept Null Values

11. report run with null parameter values via store procedure

12. Set ADO Parameter value to Null?