How to Set Font, then "TypeText"...?
Author Message
 How to Set Font, then "TypeText"...?

Hello,

I've never messed with Word objects (except a few mail merges from
Access) but now I need to dynamically create a report that would be
easier to do in Word without mailmerge.

I tried to record a macro where I change font and font size, then type
some text, <ENTER>, change font again, type some more text etc., but when
apparently it doesn't record changing the font.

It doesn't look reasonable to me that I have to type the text first, then
select it and change the font...

So... my question is how do I set the font first, then do
Selection.TypeText and so forth?

Thanks in advance!

Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:54:52 GMT
 How to Set Font, then "TypeText"...?
Nevermind!

Figured that RTL languages don't use Size but SizeBi...

says...

Quote:
> Hello,

> I've never messed with Word objects (except a few mail merges from
> Access) but now I need to dynamically create a report that would be
> easier to do in Word without mailmerge.

> I tried to record a macro where I change font and font size, then type
> some text, <ENTER>, change font again, type some more text etc., but when
> apparently it doesn't record changing the font.

> It doesn't look reasonable to me that I have to type the text first, then
> select it and change the font...

> So... my question is how do I set the font first, then do
> Selection.TypeText and so forth?

> Thanks in advance!

Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:23:43 GMT

1. Can Selection.TypeText type "bold"?

2. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

3. "Small Fonts" and "Large Fonts"

4. Help, please ("Large Fonts" problem)

5. "Large fonts" problem

6. Getting only "thin" TrueType Fonts

7. detecting "Large Fonts"

8. Installing a Font via "AddFontResourceA"

9. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

10. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

11. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

12. Loop print "VARIABLE", "VARIABLE"