Inserting current date into a contact's note field
Author Message
 Inserting current date into a contact's note field

Hi,

When I open up a contact in Outlook 2000 (not a just a new contact, but any
contact), I want to have a button on the toolbar that runs a macro.  I already
know how to add the button, but my problem is creating the macro.
When I run the macro, I want the current date to be inserted in the contact's
notes field, at the bottom of all the other text already there.
How can I do this?  I know nothing about using VBA with Outlook.
Thanks!

Todd

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:27:43 GMT
 Inserting current date into a contact's note field
Oh, I would also, if possible, like to be able to insert the current date into
whatever field the cursor is in when I run the macro.

Todd

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:41:27 GMT
 Inserting current date into a contact's note field
See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/stampdate.htm for sample code.

--
Sue Mosher
Author of

> Hi,

> When I open up a contact in Outlook 2000 (not a just a new contact, but
any
> contact), I want to have a button on the toolbar that runs a macro.  I
already
> know how to add the button, but my problem is creating the macro.
> When I run the macro, I want the current date to be inserted in the
contact's
> notes field, at the bottom of all the other text already there.
> How can I do this?  I know nothing about using VBA with Outlook.
> Thanks!

> Todd

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 02:00:08 GMT
 Inserting current date into a contact's note field
Is there a way to set the insertion point after the user name so you
can just type instead of manually scrolling to the end of the notes
field?

Thanks.Mike

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Inserting current date into a contact's note field
No, because Outlook does not provide any mechanism in its object model for
getting the insertion point.

--
Sue Mosher
Author of
  "Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours"
  "Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide"

> Is there a way to set the insertion point after the user name so you
> can just type instead of manually scrolling to the end of the notes
> field?

> Thanks.Mike

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Populating a contact's Note field using automation with Access

2. Insert current date into form fields

3. Retaining bullets when inserting date into a contact's note field (Help!)

4. Can't put current date in an SQL INSERT

5. Changing a Calculate field (Date) depending on Current date

6. Inserting WingDings as part of Contact Formula Field.

7. Insert current date and time

8. Retreive current contact index from contact form

9. Date Stamp in contact memo field

10. Updating Calculated field depending on Current Date

11. When value changes, update other field with current date

12. Insert date and time field into MS Access with SQL