Access 2.0 to 2002 vba
Author Message
 Access 2.0 to 2002 vba

Is there a program or any other way that will convert the Access 2.0 code to
run correctly on 2002/XP? (other than a massive rewrite of a extremely
complicated program?)

Thanks,
Alex B.

--
Alex F. Buiel II

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 05:39:41 GMT
 Access 2.0 to 2002 vba
Use A97 to convert Access 2.0 to A97 and then AXP to convert A97 to AXP.

Regardless, I think you will find that you will have a bit of loose ends to
fix, especially if you use Win API and other advanced features in Access
version 2.  The reason is that Access version 2.0 is for 16-bit Win but AXP
is for 32-bit Win OS and the Win APIs are substantially different.

More important, the conversion will probably produce fairly lousy codes
since it won't use the new coding features / Properties / Methods/ Functions
in the conversion.

You can use the conversion temporarily but I reckon it goo to look at the
whole database, epecially the coding again.

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

Quote:

> Is there a program or any other way that will convert the Access 2.0 code
> run correctly on 2002/XP? (other than a massive rewrite of a extremely
> complicated program?)

> Thanks,
> Alex B.

> --
> Alex F. Buiel II

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:36:18 GMT

1. Converting Access 2.0 to Access 97/2002

2. Access 2000 VBA code not working Access 2002

3. VBA : From ACCESS to EXCEL 2002 !

4. Error 3052 - VBA / ACCESS 2002.

5. Access 2002 VBA Type Error

6. Please Help!!! Access 2002 and VBA Password

7. Access XP/2002 and VBA....

8. SIMULATE CLICK IN VBA / ACCESS 2002

9. VBA ACCESS 2002 - DISTILLER.

10. VBA ACCESS 2002 - ACROBAT DISTILLER

11. Access 2002 / VBA - Suspending processing after opening a form

12. ADSL Router Resetting via Access 2002 VBA?