hyper links collection problem?
Author Message
 hyper links collection problem?

Folks:

We are using XP and 2000.  Are there known problems with the hyperlinks
collection? I know there have been warnings here about some of the other
collection objects!

I am using the  'for each --- next' paradigm and am encountering two
problems:
1) null objects (I can take care of THAT problem, but why are they there),
and
2) 'phantom' hyperlinks.  These, I think, are links which have been removed
from the document by the user but still appear in the hyperlinks collection.
One much massaged doc has 6 out of 75 links in this condition. Others in
this well used set of about 50 docs have a few each.

My app goes through the collection and determines that all links can be
reach their targets.  When one of these phantom links is broken, the app
records it for the doc owner to fix.  The document owner, of course, cannot
find the link in the document.

Any idea whats happening and how I can determine (in VBA) that one of these
links is a 'phantom' so I can remove it from the collection?

TIA,
Alan Walkington
Technical Staff
United Defense, San Jose

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:55:53 GMT
 hyper links collection problem?
test

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:38:00 GMT
 hyper links collection problem?
Star:
If you test on someones question, others will think it has been answered and
ignore it

Thanks
Alan

Quote:
> test

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:39:29 GMT
 hyper links collection problem?
Hi Alan

See:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MacrosVBA/DeleteHyperlinks.htm

Not come across phantoms though.

Regards

Dave

| Folks:
|
| We are using XP and 2000.  Are there known problems with the hyperlinks
| collection? I know there have been warnings here about some of the other
| collection objects!
|
| I am using the  'for each --- next' paradigm and am encountering two
| problems:
| 1) null objects (I can take care of THAT problem, but why are they there),
| and
| 2) 'phantom' hyperlinks.  These, I think, are links which have been
removed
| from the document by the user but still appear in the hyperlinks
collection.
| One much massaged doc has 6 out of 75 links in this condition. Others in
| this well used set of about 50 docs have a few each.
|
| My app goes through the collection and determines that all links can be
| reach their targets.  When one of these phantom links is broken, the app
| records it for the doc owner to fix.  The document owner, of course,
cannot
| find the link in the document.
|
| Any idea whats happening and how I can determine (in VBA) that one of
these
| links is a 'phantom' so I can remove it from the collection?
|
| TIA,
| Alan Walkington
| Technical Staff
| United Defense, San Jose

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:54:31 GMT

1. XML Datagrid and hyper Link Question?

2. hyper link column in data grid

3. Hyper-link functionality in Text Box

4. How to include the hyper link for the data I retireved

5. Adding a contact link in the Links Collection

6. Links Collection Problem

7. How to use Links Collection

8. Linked list or collections of objects?

9. New mirrors / Collection of 2700+ links about Object-Orientation

10. Collection of 2500+ links about Object-Orientation - interested ?

11. Collection of 2000+ links about Object-Orientation - interested ?

12. Interested in a collection of OO links ?