Windows 98 Memory Loss
Author Message
 Windows 98 Memory Loss

I've created mid size application in Access 97 running under Windows 98.

Users seem to lose virtual memory in small pices over time
when running the application or even just having it minimize.

 I've triple checked that all of my database references are being closed
after operations and that no objects are closed improperly, but I can't find
a leak.  To make things worse I can't duplicate the problem in any user;s
environment.  This is days worth of constant testing!

Has anyone experience wierd memory leaks with Access 97 database
applcations?  Or are there any products or methodologies to help in a
situatiuon like this?

Thanks in advance for any support,
Rick Kelly

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 98 Memory Loss
Yes, I solved those by upgrading to Access 2000.  But see some of the other
threads on this marvelous new upgrade before deciding to do the same :)

Fionnbarr

Quote:
> I've created mid size application in Access 97 running under Windows 98.

> Users seem to lose virtual memory in small pices over time
> when running the application or even just having it minimize.

>  I've triple checked that all of my database references are being closed
> after operations and that no objects are closed improperly, but I can't
find
> a leak.  To make things worse I can't duplicate the problem in any user;s
> environment.  This is days worth of constant testing!

> Has anyone experience wierd memory leaks with Access 97 database
> applcations?  Or are there any products or methodologies to help in a
> situatiuon like this?

> Thanks in advance for any support,
> Rick Kelly

Mon, 27 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 98 Memory Loss
I read your thread on the 2000 upgrade.  Were the problems you were trying
to escape
specific to memory?
Quote:

>Yes, I solved those by upgrading to Access 2000.  But see some of the other
>threads on this marvelous new upgrade before deciding to do the same :)

>Fionnbarr

>> I've created mid size application in Access 97 running under Windows 98.

>> Users seem to lose virtual memory in small pices over time
>> when running the application or even just having it minimize.

>>  I've triple checked that all of my database references are being closed
>> after operations and that no objects are closed improperly, but I can't
>find
>> a leak.  To make things worse I can't duplicate the problem in any user;s
>> environment.  This is days worth of constant testing!

>> Has anyone experience wierd memory leaks with Access 97 database
>> applcations?  Or are there any products or methodologies to help in a
>> situatiuon like this?

>> Thanks in advance for any support,
>> Rick Kelly

Mon, 27 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 98 Memory Loss

Quote:

>Users seem to lose virtual memory in small pices over time
>when running the application or even just having it minimize.

Are you using the Timer anywhere?  Could the problem be bad/flaky
printer drivers?  Could the type of printer be the common denominator
at your client sites?

Tony
----
Message posted to newsgroup and, if appropriate, emailed.
Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
   http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
VolStar http://www.volstar.com Manage hundreds or
   thousands of volunteers for special events.

Sat, 01 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 98 Memory Loss
Could be why I am unable to duplicate the issue.

Will give it a try

Quote:

>>Users seem to lose virtual memory in small pices over time
>>when running the application or even just having it minimize.

>Are you using the Timer anywhere?  Could the problem be bad/flaky
>printer drivers?  Could the type of printer be the common denominator
>at your client sites?

>Tony
>----
>Message posted to newsgroup and, if appropriate, emailed.
>Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
>Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
>   http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
>VolStar http://www.volstar.com Manage hundreds or
>   thousands of volunteers for special events.

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 SP4 and Windows 98 with IE6 - Memory problems ont client machines

2. VB6 SP4 and Windows 98 with IE6 - Memory problems ont client machines - take 2

3. memory error during form load with many user defined controlson windows 98

4. Memory problem with Windows 98

5. Memory Problem with Windows 98

6. Quality :: Loss memory :: Alocate/Free memory

7. Any Windows 98 and Office 98 issues?

8. VBA problems Going from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

9. access db not working passing from windows 98 to windows Me

10. Installing windows service in Windows 98,ME

11. Deploy dotnet windows application in windows 95/98

12. Vb5 in Windows 95 or Windows 98