Does outlook express support MAPI, CDO?
Author Message
 Does outlook express support MAPI, CDO?

how can i invoke any api for outlook express? it seem that
outlook express does not support MAPI, CDO.
so. i don't know how to access and store mails to outlook
express folder.

thanks.. ^_^

Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:24:39 GMT
 Does outlook express support MAPI, CDO?
kennylai,

There is no way to access and store email in the outlook express folders.

That said, it *is* possible to use OE as a MAPI client (and, I presume as a
CDO client) for simply sending email.

Instead, you could use Eudora which does have an automation object model
exposed.  This gives you the ability to work at all sorts of levels with the
Eudora data.

HTH

        Rob.

Quote:
> how can i invoke any api for outlook express? it seem that
> outlook express does not support MAPI, CDO.
> so. i don't know how to access and store mails to outlook
> express folder.

> thanks.. ^_^

Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:25:00 GMT

1. VB, MAPI, and Outlook Express: Microsoft MAPI Control 6.0

2. MAPI connection to Outlook or Outlook Express

3. Question regarding MAPI, MS Outlook 2000, and Outlook Express 6

4. MAPI OUTLOOK and OUTLOOK EXPRESS

5. Outlook Express & CDO

6. Programming Outlook Express 5 - Can it be Done!

7. Access Outlook 2000/Express Inbox Folder over Mapi

8. MAPI with Outlook Express issue

9. outlook express from application (MAPI) when OE is not default e-mail client

10. Simple MAPI - Outlook Express 5 - Need Sample Code

11. MAPI and Outlook Express

12. VB6 and Mapi Control - Outlook Express