Macro / outlook / OfficeXP
Author Message
 Macro / outlook / OfficeXP

I have a simple date/time stamp macro for outlook tasks:
Sub StampTask()

  Dim objApp As Application

  Dim objItem As Object

  Dim objNS As NameSpace

  Set objApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

  Set objNS = objApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

  Set objItem = objApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem

  If objItem.Class = olTask Then

    objItem.Body = objItem.Body & Now() _
                   & " - " & objNS.CurrentUser & vbCrLf
SendKeys "^{End}"
  End If

  Set objItem = Nothing

  Set objNS = Nothing

  Set objApp = Nothing

End Sub

It works perfectly on my Win9x/ME/NT stations running
office 2000. The problem is on the one WinXP running
OfficeXP. Rather than having an enable/disable option for
macros, it will only allow the macro to run for a
selectable amount of time. Is there a way around this? I'd
like the macro to be able to run anytime.
Mike

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:01:39 GMT
 Macro / outlook / OfficeXP
The security dialogs that pop up when an application tries to access certain
Outlook properties and methods are designed to inhibit the spread of viruses
via Outlook; see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec. If you
are a standalone user, Outlook provides no way to suppress this behavior.
However, you can use a free tool called Express ClickYes
(http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) to click the security
dialog buttons automatically. Beware that this means if a virus tries to
send mail using Outlook or gain access to your address book, it will
succeed.

If you're the administrator in an Exchange Server environment, you can
reduce the impact of the security prompts with administrative tools. See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm

If it's an application you wrote yourself, you can use one of these
approaches to redo the program:

    -- Use Extended MAPI (see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/mapi.htm) and C++
or Delphi; this is the most secure method and the only one that Microsoft
recommendeds.

    -- Use Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/), a third-party
COM library that wraps around Extended MAPI but parallels the Outlook Object
Model

    -- Use SendKeys to "click" the buttons on the security dialogs that your
application may trigger. See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec for a link to sample
code.

    -- Program the free Express ClickYes
(http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) tool to start suspended
and turn it on only when your program needs to have the buttons clicked
automatically.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> I have a simple date/time stamp macro for outlook tasks:
> Sub StampTask()

>   Dim objApp As Application

>   Dim objItem As Object

>   Dim objNS As NameSpace

>   Set objApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

>   Set objNS = objApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

>   Set objItem = objApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem

>   If objItem.Class = olTask Then

>     objItem.Body = objItem.Body & Now() _
>                    & " - " & objNS.CurrentUser & vbCrLf
> SendKeys "^{End}"
>   End If

>   Set objItem = Nothing

>   Set objNS = Nothing

>   Set objApp = Nothing

> End Sub

> It works perfectly on my Win9x/ME/NT stations running
> office 2000. The problem is on the one WinXP running
> OfficeXP. Rather than having an enable/disable option for
> macros, it will only allow the macro to run for a
> selectable amount of time. Is there a way around this? I'd
> like the macro to be able to run anytime.
> Mike

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:33:26 GMT

1. Need Outlook macro to recurse outlook folders and create PDF file of each email

2. enable macros in outlook when outlook starts

3. office2k for officeXP

4. library references in officexp

5. Print Preview from OfficeXp Component

6. Using officeXP Web Service Toolkit 2.0

7. CD for OfficeXP Developers Guide

8. OfficeXP Can't use docmd.Hourglass True

9. TaskPane OfficeXp

10. Application.Quit too slow in Word 2002 (OfficeXP)

11. Ann: DotNetBar OfficeXP like Menus, Toolbars and Dockable Windows Component

12. WinXP/OfficeXP Icon Pics Available?