Automatic Diagramming and Visio?
Author Message
 Automatic Diagramming and Visio?

Hi,

I'm trying to organize a diagram that illustrates an electrical schema.
Sometimes it's necessary to go around other shapes to get where I want to
ultimately end up. Is there a way to make a connector bend in right angles
around a shape, or several shapes, that are obstacles in the path of the
connector? It would look best of the connector could bend several times.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:11:13 GMT
 Automatic Diagramming and Visio?
Hi,

I'm trying to organize a diagram that illustrates an electrical schema.
Sometimes it's necessary to go around other shapes to get where I want to
ultimately end up. Is there a way to make a connector bend in right angles
around a shape, or several shapes, that are obstacles in the path of the
connector? It would look best of the connector could bend several times.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:45:23 GMT
 Automatic Diagramming and Visio?

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to organize a diagram that illustrates an electrical schema.
> Sometimes it's necessary to go around other shapes to get where I want to
> ultimately end up. Is there a way to make a connector bend in right angles
> around a shape, or several shapes, that are obstacles in the path of the
> connector? It would look best of the connector could bend several times.

> Thanks,
>     Andrew

Andrew,
        I do drawings like this all the time. I simply use multiple lines. For those
jump over non-connection style lines, simply insert a curved line and shape it
accordingly. I suppose you were actually looking for an automated way to connect
shapes point to point where the connecting line would deviate around obstructing
shapes as you place it. That would be a big help and time saver.
--
Robert S. Ely  (Bob)

New Lisbon Developmental Center
Communications Systems Technician-3

Work Phone:      1-609-894-4057
Work FAX:        1-609-726-0357
ICQ:             33390750
Yahoo Messenger: rsely74

You can only Band-Aid stuff so much before the Band-Aids ARE the structure.

Check out my photos:
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGallery.cfm?AcctID=4359

Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:03:02 GMT
 Automatic Diagramming and Visio?
Greetings,

I had a similar problem doing electrical designs. I did some research for
tools that would bend the connectors. I found a company that makes a Visio
plug-in that automatically routes connector shapes using something called
layout styles. The layout style that works for this kind of diagram is
called Orthogonal. The web site is www.tomsawyer.com

Frank Durant.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to organize a diagram that illustrates an electrical schema.
> Sometimes it's necessary to go around other shapes to get where I want to
> ultimately end up. Is there a way to make a connector bend in right angles
> around a shape, or several shapes, that are obstacles in the path of the
> connector? It would look best of the connector could bend several times.

> Thanks,
>     Andrew

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 02:41:02 GMT
 Automatic Diagramming and Visio?
Greetings,

I had a similar problem doing electrical designs. I did some research for
tools that would bend the connectors. I found a company that makes a Visio
plug-in that automatically routes connector shapes using something called
layout styles. The layout style that works for this kind of diagram is
called Orthogonal. The web site is www.tomsawyer.com

Frank Durant.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to organize a diagram that illustrates an electrical schema.
> Sometimes it's necessary to go around other shapes to get where I want to
> ultimately end up. Is there a way to make a connector bend in right angles
> around a shape, or several shapes, that are obstacles in the path of the
> connector? It would look best of the connector could bend several times.

> Thanks,
>     Andrew

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 02:51:37 GMT

1. visio diagram to XML / creating textfiles with VBA in Visio

2. Complete Project Visio Diagram

3. Dynamic Visio Diagrams

4. Creating & managing a Visio diagram by VBA

5. Access Visio Diagram

6. Visio E/R source diagram from TXT o CSV files

7. Filename of linked ole object in visio diagram?

8. Extract data from Visio database diagram.

9. traversing a visio diagram

10. Export Visio Diagram to PostScript or PDF - Maintain Links

11. NEED HELP CODING VISIO ER DIAGRAM

12. Generate SP code from Visio DB diagram