SaveRecord command not available-Access 2000
Author Message
 SaveRecord command not available-Access 2000

I just converted a db from 97 to 2000.  I have a save button on every
form.  I have changed all of the DoCmd.DoMenuItem statements to
RunCommand acSaveRecord.  Now when I try to save, it gives me a message
that says "Command or action saveRecord is not available now", and
gives me an OK button.

What needs to be in place for me to save a record?  It works on some of
the forms and not others, and it also works when modifying a record,
but not when adding a new record. I'm not even sure that it worked
before in Access 97, because I had to convert in the middle of
development.

Any takers?  Thanks for any help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SaveRecord command not available-Access 2000
Hi,
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord requires the form to have focus (and be
visible)
Try with Me.Dirty = False instead

--
Regards
Pieter Wijnen

Everybody should believe in something - I belive I'll have another beer
Recommended Sites:
Dev's site  http://home.att.net/~dashish
Paradox  http://www.pcltd.co.uk/access

Quote:
> I just converted a db from 97 to 2000.  I have a save button on every
> form.  I have changed all of the DoCmd.DoMenuItem statements to
> RunCommand acSaveRecord.  Now when I try to save, it gives me a message
> that says "Command or action saveRecord is not available now", and
> gives me an OK button.

> What needs to be in place for me to save a record?  It works on some of
> the forms and not others, and it also works when modifying a record,
> but not when adding a new record. I'm not even sure that it worked
> before in Access 97, because I had to convert in the middle of
> development.

> Any takers?  Thanks for any help.

Fri, 18 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SaveRecord command not available-Access 2000
Thanks for the help.  I'm not sure I understand...try what with
Me.Dirty=False?

Take care,
Rob

Quote:
> Hi,
> DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord requires the form to have focus (and
be
> visible)
> Try with Me.Dirty = False instead

> --
> Regards
> Pieter Wijnen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Fri, 18 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SaveRecord command not available-Access 2000
Hi
Me.Dirty = False saves the record, so you don't need the DoCmd ...

--
Regards
Pieter Wijnen

Everybody should believe in something - I belive I'll have another beer
Recommended Sites:
Dev's site  http://home.att.net/~dashish
Paradox  http://www.pcltd.co.uk/access

Quote:
> Thanks for the help.  I'm not sure I understand...try what with
> Me.Dirty=False?

> Take care,
> Rob

> > Hi,
> > DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord requires the form to have focus (and
> be
> > visible)
> > Try with Me.Dirty = False instead

> > --
> > Regards
> > Pieter Wijnen

Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SaveRecord command not available-Access 2000

Quote:
> Me.Dirty = False saves the record, so you don't need the DoCmd ...

Great!  I will definitely give that a shot.  Do I need to set
Me.Dirty=True when I want to modify again?

Rob
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Question Authority... ask me anything.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SaveRecord command not available-Access 2000
Hi Rob,

  No,  Access takes care of that.

  -- Dev

:
:
: > Me.Dirty = False saves the record, so you don't need the DoCmd ...
: >
: Great!  I will definitely give that a shot.  Do I need to set
: Me.Dirty=True when I want to modify again?
:
: Rob
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Question Authority... ask me anything.
:
:
: Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
: Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SaveRecord command not available-Access 2000
Hm, just curious... What exactly will happen if we do Me.Dirty=True? For
example, if I want to lock the current record would it work or do I have
to do something like Me.Field=Me.Field?
Quote:

> Hi Rob,

>   No,  Access takes care of that.

>   -- Dev

> :
> :
> : > Me.Dirty = False saves the record, so you don't need the DoCmd ...
> : >
> : Great!  I will definitely give that a shot.  Do I need to set
> : Me.Dirty=True when I want to modify again?
> :
> : Rob
> : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> : Question Authority... ask me anything.
> :
> :
> : Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> : Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DAO-Specific Help not available in Access 2000 Help (VB Help)

2. Autoexec in Powerpoint 2000 not available?

3. Access 2000 VBA code not working Access 2002

4. DLL usage - works in Access 97 but not in Access 2000

5. Access 97 VBA modifications not visible in Access 2000

6. Code from Access 2.0 not working in Access 2000

7. OutputTo Error command or action not available.

8. The command or action Save Record is not available now

9. Word 97 VB command button .trackrevision property not available

10. Not enough storage is available to process this command

11. Command button won't make use of module driving MS Project from MS Access 2000

12. Access 2000, Export Text File - Using TransferText Command