insert files by modified date
Author Message
 insert files by modified date

Hello All,
I've got a macro that looks at a specified folder, grabs
all the names of the word documents and then puts each
file name on a separate row on a table created in word.
Currently it's inserting the file names into the table by
the alphabetical order of the file names.  I want to
insert them according to the time they were modified.  All
suggestions are welcomed.
Thank you,
Tony

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 01:58:19 GMT
 insert files by modified date

spinning this yarn:

Quote:
>Hello All,
>I've got a macro that looks at a specified folder, grabs
>all the names of the word documents and then puts each
>file name on a separate row on a table created in word.
>Currently it's inserting the file names into the table by
>the alphabetical order of the file names.  I want to
>insert them according to the time they were modified.  All
>suggestions are welcomed.
>Thank you,
>Tony

G'day Tony,

Sort the table after insertion.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
I can do tricky stuff with Word or words for you.

Spellbooks: 1600 pages of dump left and dropping...
Word MVP FAQs: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/index.html

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 15:26:52 GMT

1. insert file by modified date and time

2. File Creat Date and Modified Date...

3. Modifying Insert File to Handle Mutiple Files

4. modify date file (file properties)

5. Modify all inserted picture files at once in VBA for Word 97

6. Modifying the Last Modified Date and Time

7. Date Modified of a File

8. Read file Date/Time last modified

9. Files modified date

10. List of files modified before a certain date

11. Word: Filter files on date last modified

12. Check the last modified date on any file