Save images
Author Message
 Save images
In Access 97, I need to create a database that tracks birth record
information. In addition to allowing for data entry of specific information,
I need to scan the birth certificate.

Is there a way this scanned image may be stored and referenced from the
application?

Could I prompt the user once all pertinent information is entered, alerting
the user to scan the document? Is there a way to assign the scanned image a
name (lastname firstname dob mothers maiden name ?) so the image file would
have some intelligence?

Any suggestions, prototypes, help is GREATLY appreciated!

Sun, 30 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Save images
Hi Annette

I would store all the data except the image (lastname, firstnames, dob, etc)
in a table with an autonumber primary key and store the scanned image in a
predefined folder with the record's primary key as part of the name - for
example:
C:\some folder\Birth Certificates\00002753.tif

You can initiate scanning images and display/annotate stored images directly
from your app using the Kodak Imaging controls which come with Windows
98/ME.  They are registered by installing the "Imaging" option in Windows
setup.
--
Good Luck!
Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]

Return mail address is invalid in a vain attempt to reduce spam.

Please post new questions to newsgroups.

Quote:
> In Access 97, I need to create a database that tracks birth record
> information. In addition to allowing for data entry of specific
information,
> I need to scan the birth certificate.

> Is there a way this scanned image may be stored and referenced from the
> application?

> Could I prompt the user once all pertinent information is entered,
alerting
> the user to scan the document? Is there a way to assign the scanned image
> name (lastname firstname dob mothers maiden name ?) so the image file
would
> have some intelligence?

> Any suggestions, prototypes, help is GREATLY appreciated!

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:14:21 GMT
 Save images
Our DBPix control is designed to work with Access for storing images
from a variety of sources, including scanners.  It avoids the
database 'bloat' problem traditionally experienced when manipulating
images in Access, whether you store them in tables or as external files.
Take a look at the evaluation download and sample databases available
at www.ammara.com.

Quote:
> In Access 97, I need to create a database that tracks birth record
> information. In addition to allowing for data entry of specific
information,
> I need to scan the birth certificate.

> Is there a way this scanned image may be stored and referenced from
the
> application?

> Could I prompt the user once all pertinent information is entered,
alerting
> the user to scan the document? Is there a way to assign the scanned
image a
> name (lastname firstname dob mothers maiden name ?) so the image file
would
> have some intelligence?

> Any suggestions, prototypes, help is GREATLY appreciated!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Save image in Sql Server and retrieve image from sqlserver to vb

2. Saving images from Word

3. Saved Image controls

4. Saving Images to Projects...

5. How to read/save Images in Acces Database ?

6. Saving Image Files

7. Save Image to Database from Picturebox

8. Saving Images - Problem

9. Save Image To SQL Server

10. Code query - Unable to save images???

11. saving images into sql-server from VB.NET

12. Saving images to SQL Server using VB.net