Task Description: <field>
Date: <field>

Task : <field>
Task Description: <field>
Date: <field>

Task : <field>
Task Description: <field>
Date: <field>

so my question is... do i use subdocuments? or is there another way to do
this? any quick answer? or something you can point me to?

thanks,
phil

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:13:58 GMT
 subdocument question??
Hi, Phil,

If by "subdocuments" you mean you're considering using the Master Document
feature, DON'T! See
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/RecoverMasterDocs.htm for an
explanation.

What you've shown looks like a natural application for the Mail Merge
feature. If you don't know how to use it, go to
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/index.html and click on the Mailmerge tab --
there are lots of articles, from beginner to advanced level.

Regards,
Jay

Quote:
> Hi,
> Hope someone can help me out on this...

>  i want to loop through some values and for each value create the same
> section over and over again in word and fill in the different values for
the
> fields. like this...

> Task : <field>
> Task Description: <field>
> Date: <field>

> Task : <field>
> Task Description: <field>
> Date: <field>

> Task : <field>
> Task Description: <field>
> Date: <field>

> so my question is... do i use subdocuments? or is there another way to do
> this? any quick answer? or something you can point me to?

> thanks,
> phil

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 23:08:14 GMT

1. Problematic page numbers in subdocuments

2. Create a Field with FileName of SubDocument?

3. Saving Master and SubDocuments as HTML In Word 2002

4. Removing subdocuments from document

5. name of subdocument

6. Subdocument properties

7. Creating subdocuments using VBA or Addin

8. Inserting Subdocuments in Word 97 VBA

9. Word97 (subdocument)

10. Word XP VBA Bug: Error '5273' on Subdocument.AddFromFile from Sharepoint (SPS)

11. Automate "No to All" in Insertion of SubDocuments?

12. questions,questions,questions.