Help! Why RTF instead of Plain Text 
Author Message
 Help! Why RTF instead of Plain Text

I am using the function below to send email from Access
and for some reason, it always creates the message in RTF
format instead of plain text.

Any Ideas most appreciated!

Function SimpleTest()

Dim olookApp As New Outlook.Application
Dim olookMsg As Outlook.MailItem
Dim olookRecipient As Outlook.Recipient

Set olookMsg = olookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)

'   Set the subject and Message
olookMsg.Subject = "Test Subject"
olookMsg.Body = "Body of the message"

'   Set the To Recipient
Set olookRecipient = olookMsg.Recipients.Add

olookRecipient.Type = olTo
olookMsg.Send   '   Send the message

Set olookMsg = Nothing
Set olookApp = Nothing
Set olookRecipient = Nothing

End Function



Sat, 01 May 2004 04:20:58 GMT  
 Help! Why RTF instead of Plain Text
Setting the Body property always causes messages in Outlook 2000 and earlier
versions to revert to RTF format. If you need plain text, create the message
with CDO instead.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
   Outlook and Exchange Solutions
   at http://www.slipstick.com


Quote:
> I am using the function below to send email from Access
> and for some reason, it always creates the message in RTF
> format instead of plain text.

> Any Ideas most appreciated!

> Function SimpleTest()

> Dim olookApp As New Outlook.Application
> Dim olookMsg As Outlook.MailItem
> Dim olookRecipient As Outlook.Recipient

> Set olookMsg = olookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)

> '   Set the subject and Message
> olookMsg.Subject = "Test Subject"
> olookMsg.Body = "Body of the message"

> '   Set the To Recipient
> Set olookRecipient = olookMsg.Recipients.Add

> olookRecipient.Type = olTo
> olookMsg.Send   '   Send the message

> Set olookMsg = Nothing
> Set olookApp = Nothing
> Set olookRecipient = Nothing

> End Function



Sat, 01 May 2004 05:02:07 GMT  
 Help! Why RTF instead of Plain Text
Sue,

Thank you so much for your response - this was driving me
crazy!  I am not familiar with CDO - do you have any
examples/snippets to get me started?

Again,  Much thanks!

-Sig

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Setting the Body property always causes messages in

Outlook 2000 and earlier
Quote:
>versions to revert to RTF format. If you need plain text,
create the message
>with CDO instead.

>--
>Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>   Outlook and Exchange Solutions
>   at http://www.slipstick.com


message

>> I am using the function below to send email from Access
>> and for some reason, it always creates the message in
RTF
>> format instead of plain text.

>> Any Ideas most appreciated!

>> Function SimpleTest()

>> Dim olookApp As New Outlook.Application
>> Dim olookMsg As Outlook.MailItem
>> Dim olookRecipient As Outlook.Recipient

>> Set olookMsg = olookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)

>> '   Set the subject and Message
>> olookMsg.Subject = "Test Subject"
>> olookMsg.Body = "Body of the message"

>> '   Set the To Recipient
>> Set olookRecipient = olookMsg.Recipients.Add

>> olookRecipient.Type = olTo
>> olookMsg.Send   '   Send the message

>> Set olookMsg = Nothing
>> Set olookApp = Nothing
>> Set olookRecipient = Nothing

>> End Function

>.



Sat, 01 May 2004 21:45:08 GMT  
 Help! Why RTF instead of Plain Text
See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/cdo.htm for basic references. The objects
are roughly parallel to Outlook's.


Quote:
> Sue,

> Thank you so much for your response - this was driving me
> crazy!  I am not familiar with CDO - do you have any
> examples/snippets to get me started?

> Again,  Much thanks!

> -Sig

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Setting the Body property always causes messages in
> Outlook 2000 and earlier
> >versions to revert to RTF format. If you need plain text,
> create the message
> >with CDO instead.

> >--
> >Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> >   Outlook and Exchange Solutions
> >   at http://www.slipstick.com


> message

> >> I am using the function below to send email from Access
> >> and for some reason, it always creates the message in
> RTF
> >> format instead of plain text.

> >> Any Ideas most appreciated!

> >> Function SimpleTest()

> >> Dim olookApp As New Outlook.Application
> >> Dim olookMsg As Outlook.MailItem
> >> Dim olookRecipient As Outlook.Recipient

> >> Set olookMsg = olookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)

> >> '   Set the subject and Message
> >> olookMsg.Subject = "Test Subject"
> >> olookMsg.Body = "Body of the message"

> >> '   Set the To Recipient
> >> Set olookRecipient = olookMsg.Recipients.Add

> >> olookRecipient.Type = olTo
> >> olookMsg.Send   '   Send the message

> >> Set olookMsg = Nothing
> >> Set olookApp = Nothing
> >> Set olookRecipient = Nothing

> >> End Function

> >.



Sat, 01 May 2004 23:12:38 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Converting RTF format to plain text

2. RTF to plain text?

3. Message is created as RTF instead of Text

4. Force Plain or RTF in VBA Generated Message

5. How can I convert RTF format to plain ascii

6. Convert RTF to plain ASCII

7. Why Windows help file instead of HTTP?

8. Help: Loading text into Rich Text control retains previous rtf attributes

9. Creating e-mail is always Rich Text NOT Plain Text

10. Converting formatted text to plain text

11. Mapping plain text to rich text?

12. saving rich text box as plain text

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software