Usage commandbar ==> increasing file size
Author Message
 Usage commandbar ==> increasing file size

Hi Tom,

I know of no way to remove "command bar bloat" from a template. The only
solution is to create a brand new template, import all your code into it,
and then rebuild any needed commandbars in the new template.

Bill Coan

Quote:
> Hi,

> Each time that I make a commandbar and save, the
> second .dot-file's size is increased with +/- 40 KB
> (the amount KB is depending on how much controls you place
> on the commandbar).

> I delete the commandbar everytime.
> It is gone, but the file-size remains practically the same!

> I attached an example.
> If you open the testCommandbar.dot and call the
> method 'test_commandbar' it will make a commandbar,
> save it to 'testCommandbar.dota', delete the commandbar
> and save it to 'testCommandbar.dotb'.
> The difference is 24 kb between the original and the last
> file...

> How can I clean this area?
> How can I properly delete a commandbar, so the file-size
> is decreasing also?

> Greetings,
> Tom Jorissen

Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:15:32 GMT
 Usage commandbar ==> increasing file size
Hi Bill,

If I do what you suggested, I would have the same problem.
The building of the commandbar is enough to increase the
file size.
If I build it, I can't minimize the file-size anymore.

Isn't there nobody at Microsoft that has experienced this
problem?

Another possibility is the manual copying of
macro's/autotext/etc. from the original template to an
empty one...
But I don't know how to do it...

Could someone help me with this?
And if someone knows a solution concerning the file
increment, please let me know then, cause I haven't found
anything yet....

Kind regards,
Tom Jorissen

Quote:

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:14:48 GMT

1. ADO Causes 100% Memory Usage/Increases in VM Usage

2. CommandBar Size, CommandBarMenuBar Size and CommandBarMenuBarItem Size.

3. Any help??>>>Re: add custom icon to button outlook commandbar in dotnet

4. Insert Pic as OLE increase file size dramatically

5. file size increase problem

6. file size increase problem

7. Access 7.0 File Size Increases

8. Adding new column into Access increases the size of the file

9. memory usage increases over time; inexplicably

10. Memory usage increased for each ADO search??

11. CommandBar usage

12. >>>> HELP WITH RUNTIME FILES