startup MACRO
Author Message
 startup MACRO

Hello,

While adding MACRO to NORMAL.DOT its works OK.

But if I move this macro to another DOT file located in the winword startup
folder

The macro does nothing.

Why ?

Thanks

Shlomo

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 18:33:58 GMT
 startup MACRO
Hi Shlomo,

Have a look at the topic "Auto Macros" in the VBA help file. You will notice
that there are some conditions about the context and when certain auto
macros can work. I think you'll find the answer to your question in there.

HTH

Quote:
> Hello,

> While adding MACRO to NORMAL.DOT it's works OK.

> But if I move this macro to another DOT file located in the winword
startup
> folder

> The macro does nothing.

> Why ?

> Thanks

> Shlomo

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:03:00 GMT
 startup MACRO
Hi Dave,

I dont interested automatic MACRO. I just write a simple MACRO. (compare
two DOCs file)

When the NORMAL.DOT includes this MACRO its works OK.

But when I remove it from the NORMAL.DOT & create a new DOT file for this
macro,

(Located in winword startup folder the winword automatic load the MACRO
includes by the winword startup folder [C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\Startup])

it doesnt works .

Word is started with this macro using a command line like:

winword  /mdiff_docs  document1  document2

TIA

Shlomo

Quote:
> Hi Shlomo,

> Have a look at the topic "Auto Macros" in the VBA help file. You will
notice
> that there are some conditions about the context and when certain auto
> macros can work. I think you'll find the answer to your question in there.

> HTH

> > Hello,

> > While adding MACRO to NORMAL.DOT it's works OK.

> > But if I move this macro to another DOT file located in the winword
> startup
> > folder

> > The macro does nothing.

> > Why ?

> > Thanks

> > Shlomo

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:07:52 GMT

1. run a startup macro?

2. overriding a startup macro

3. startup macro's

4. Running Startup Macro

5. Startup Macros are killing my app.

6. Word Startup Macro Problem

7. newbie: word startup macro with shellExecute

8. Automation Problem -- Suppressing AutoExec Macros And Startup Forms

9. Automation Problem -- Suppressing AutoExec Macros And Startup Forms

10. Automation Problem -- Suppressing AutoExec Macros And Startup Forms

11. Automation Problem -- Suppressing AutoExec Macros And Startup Forms

12. Automation Problem -- AutoExec Macros and Startup Forms