AutoOpen fails
Author Message
 AutoOpen fails

hi all

when i doubleclick on a dot file (created in word95, now we use word2000)
in my explorer the
autoopen macro doesn't run ????
and when i open Word2000 and use File-Open to open the same dot file, the
autoopen runs !!!!!

anyone any idea what i can do to fix this annoying problem ?

TIA
Frank

Wed, 07 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 AutoOpen fails
Hi Frank,

When you doubleclick on a dot file, a NEW document, based on that file is
created. You should use a macro with the name "AutoNew".

Hope this helps,

Jasper Mandos.
______________________

Microsoft newsgroups:

Knowledgebase:
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp

MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/default.asp

Quote:
> hi all

> when i doubleclick on a dot file (created in word95, now we use word2000)
> in my explorer the
> autoopen macro doesn't run ????
> and when i open Word2000 and use File-Open to open the same dot file, the
> autoopen runs !!!!!

> anyone any idea what i can do to fix this annoying problem ?

> TIA
> Frank

Wed, 07 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. AutoOpen/Document_Open fails from browser

2. Global AutoOpen versus Normal.dot AutoOpen in XP

3. AutoOpen not working

4. autoopen

5. Stopping AutoOpen when opening a document

6. Autoopen attachment

7. AutoExec/AutoOpen

8. AutoOpen in global startup template

9. problems with AutoOpen()