New user needs help with attached tables
Author Message
 New user needs help with attached tables

The following line of code works well with native DB's but fails with an
attached table. Does anyone have any ideas?  The online help topics for
attached table properties seems a little thin. The code is being run on
a multiuser system under Access 2.0 , unfortunately there are no plans
to upgrade in the immediate future

Ctl.StatusBarText =
MyTableDef.Fields(TextBoxCount).Properties.Description

I believe all of the variables have been defined properly for a native
DB since the code works properly in this instance

Many thanks,

Sean

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 New user needs help with attached tables
Sean,

Since you give no context with your line of code, I can only comment that
the Description property does not always exist.  Access (not DAO) creates
the property only when you type a description for a field while in table
design.  The usual method of dealing with this is to use On Error Resume
Next to ignore the error caused by a reference to a nonexistant property.

It may be that the first field in your attached table doesn't have a
description and this is why you think your problem is with attached tables.
 I suspect that your native table has a Description for every field or you
would have seen this problem there too.

Of course, I may be reading your question all wrong
     Marsh Barton

Quote:
> The following line of code works well with native DB's but fails with an
> attached table. Does anyone have any ideas?  The online help topics for
> attached table properties seems a little thin. The code is being run on
> a multiuser system under Access 2.0 , unfortunately there are no plans
> to upgrade in the immediate future

> Ctl.StatusBarText =
> MyTableDef.Fields(TextBoxCount).Properties.Description

> I believe all of the variables have been defined properly for a native
> DB since the code works properly in this instance

> Many thanks,

> Sean

Sun, 31 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. User selects a new location for attached db tables

2. Attached tables, identifying users and un-attaching

3. Attached tables, identifying users and un-attaching

4. I need help with a datediff problem ( a fairly new user who needs help)

5. Attached table and not attached table

6. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

7. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

8. Attached Tables, Append Query and ODBC = Need Help

9. Need help attaching access table in vb3

10. Help needed with attached tables

11. Help needed using attached tables

12. Please help with linked table or attached table