Error: Automation Error and other problems
Author Message
 Error: Automation Error and other problems

I am using Acess 97 and having difficulty adding code to a module.  When I try
to declare a variable by typing Global Test as String, I receive an automation
error after hitting enter.  If I type Global Test as <TAB> String (which
doesn't bring up the object drop down box) I don't receive the error.

I also noticed that I can't declare database and recordset objects.  The
compiler doesn't recognize them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as these problems are greatly hindering my
design efforts.

Thanks,

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error: Automation Error and other problems

First place to look is references: open any module, select
'Tools;References...' from the menubar, and scroll down the list of
references. Make sure this box is checked: 'MS DAO 3.51 Object Library' (or
a more up-to date version, like 3.6, if you've got it). Then recompile all
modules.

Quote:
> I am using Acess 97 and having difficulty adding code to a module.  When I
try
> to declare a variable by typing Global Test as String, I receive an
automation
> error after hitting enter.  If I type Global Test as <TAB> String (which
> doesn't bring up the object drop down box) I don't receive the error.

> I also noticed that I can't declare database and recordset objects.  The
> compiler doesn't recognize them.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated as these problems are greatly
hindering my
> design efforts.

> Thanks,

Wed, 05 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compile error: Automation error, Error 32811: Unexpected error

2. Compilation error: Automation Error (Error 440)

3. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

4. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

5. Compilation error/Automation error

6. Compile error: Automation error

7. Automation error (Error 440)

8. Compile Error : Automation Error

9. Automation error... Error 424, Object Required

10. Receive Error (404) Automation Error when creating new mailitem from MS Access

11. Run-time error "-2147467259 (80004005) Automation error

12. Automation Error: Unspecified Error !