Having some problems with ObjectNames(newbie)
Author Message
 Having some problems with ObjectNames(newbie)

I'm trying to get "Microsoft Access97" to access a subform that's on  a Main
form,
but for some reason it's just not finding it.

is this the correct way to write this string, ?

DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "Object name (Subform)", acGoTo, recNum

Or should I write it like this:
DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "Me!/Forms![Main Form name].[Object name
(Subform)]", acGoTo, recNum...?

any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Drew

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 08:47:12 GMT
 Having some problems with ObjectNames(newbie)
see:
http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm

to learn the correct syntax

HTH
--
Mark
( E-Mail Address Note: Texas is the lonestar not onestar)

Quote:

> I'm trying to get "Microsoft Access97" to access a subform that's on  a Main
> form,
> but for some reason it's just not finding it.

> is this the correct way to write this string, ?

> DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "Object name (Subform)", acGoTo, recNum

> Or should I write it like this:
> DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "Me!/Forms![Main Form name].[Object name
> (Subform)]", acGoTo, recNum...?

> any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

> Drew

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 08:59:25 GMT
 Having some problems with ObjectNames(newbie)
Thanks for that site, it was really informative, but I'm still having the
same problem...
i tried many ways to define the objectName but it keeps telling me that "the
object is not open."
When it's clearly open as a subform, within the main form.
why is that?

Quote:

>see:
>http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm

>to learn the correct syntax

>HTH
>--
>Mark
>( E-Mail Address Note: Texas is the lonestar not onestar)

>> I'm trying to get "Microsoft Access97" to access a subform that's on  a
Main
>> form,
>> but for some reason it's just not finding it.

>> is this the correct way to write this string, ?

>> DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "Object name (Subform)", acGoTo, recNum

>> Or should I write it like this:
>> DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "Me!/Forms![Main Form name].[Object name
>> (Subform)]", acGoTo, recNum...?

>> any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

>> Drew

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 01:03:58 GMT
 Having some problems with ObjectNames(newbie)

Quote:

>I'm trying to get "Microsoft Access97" to access a subform that's on  a Main
>form,
>but for some reason it's just not finding it.

You will need do a docmd.gotocontrol or a setfocus to get to the
subform first.  Then you can try the various gotorecord functions..

Tony
----
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
   VolStar http://www.volstar.com Manage hundreds or
thousands of volunteers for special events.

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:22:24 GMT

1. Newbie still having problems with SQL statement

2. newbie having problems

3. Newbie having problems with ActiveX

4. objectname as string

5. How to get the objectname within the object?

6. Newbie having trouble with VBA Code in Access

7. Newbie having trouble with Object Error

8. A Newbie having trouble passing variables from one sup-procedure to another

9. Newbie Having trouble with this User Info script, Please help

10. Problem starting Acces 97 after having started Outlook 2000

11. Having problems with VBA332.dll

12. Having problems with sorting character or text fields