Reading Serial ports
Author Message
 Reading Serial ports

How do I read a serial port for a magnetic strip reader?
--
-----
Arthur Christy

Power Micro Corporation
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 17 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading Serial ports

Hi,

Can use mscomm.ocx (packaged with ODE or VB)

Hope it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP.

Quote:

>How do I read a serial port for a magnetic strip reader?
>--
>-----
>Arthur Christy

>Power Micro Corporation
>http://www.powermicrocorp.com

Fri, 18 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading Serial ports

unfortunatelly, if packeged only with VB...

Quote:

>Hi,

>Can use mscomm.ocx (packaged with ODE or VB)

>Hope it may help,
>Vanderghast, Access MVP.

>>How do I read a serial port for a magnetic strip reader?
>>--
>>-----
>>Arthur Christy

>>Power Micro Corporation
>>http://www.powermicrocorp.com

Fri, 18 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading Serial ports

...oups...  Sorry, and I just hope no one has bought ODE just to get the
mscomm.ocx.

Vanderghast.

Quote:

>unfortunatelly, if packeged only with VB...

Sat, 19 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL for reading serial port data

2. Reading Serial Port

3. Problems reading serial port in WIN NT

4. Reading Serial Port Buffers

5. Reading serial port

6. Comm Overrun when playing sound while reading serial port (VB4.0)

7. Read Serial Port in VB.Net

8. Read Serial port in VB.Net?

9. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

10. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

11. How do I read my serial port using Access VBA

12. Read and Write to Serial Ports?