New Syntax Preferences?
Author Message
 New Syntax Preferences?

ver Access 97, Syntax Question: the new auto help tool jobbie, uses a very
different syntax for reference to forms than that originally used.  It
works great, my question is, "Is this new Form_XXX_XXX syntax the preferred
form?".  Also is ME still the preference of choice?

Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 New Syntax Preferences?

I don't know about the Form_XXX_XXX thing, but using Me is always
preferable from a performance standpoint.

When VBA hits the "Me" keyword, it has to do a lot less name collection
lookup work than when it hits "Forms!MyBiggBogusFormName".

--
Dan Haught
FMS Inc.

Quote:
> ver Access 97, Syntax Question: the new auto help tool jobbie, uses a
very
> different syntax for reference to forms than that originally used.  It
> works great, my question is, "Is this new Form_XXX_XXX syntax the
preferred
> form?".  Also is ME still the preference of choice?

Mon, 26 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 New Syntax Preferences?

Hi Mark,

Quote:
>my question is, "Is this new Form_XXX_XXX syntax the preferred
>form?".

Whenever you see Form_frmYourForm you are actually referring to the
form's CLASS module. You can create an instance of a form in Access 97
in one of two ways:

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmYourForm"

or

Static frm As New Form_frmYourForm
frm.Visible = True

The variable must be STATIC (or else global) in order for the form not
to disappear when the variable "frm" goes out of scope.

-- Jim Ferguson, FMS
   http://www.fmsinc.com

Mon, 26 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. NEW: SourceView Syntax-highlighting Editor Control

2. New syntax

3. Please help Commend syntax (new with VB)

4. Application preferences and settings

5. User Preferences located in a seperate file

6. changing per-contact mail format preference setting

7. Printing Preferences

8. resetting local profile preferences

9. Use of app.config and saving user preferences...

10. Advice on saving array of users preferences

11. Preferences File

12. User Preferences