Modifications don't appear in the right window
Author Message
 Modifications don't appear in the right window

Hi,

I'm new to Word VBA programming and also stumped by what I thought would be
an easy task. I want to open a existing document and just modify some text,
just as a first test (all this in VB). After the code executes, I open the
document through Windows Explorer and I see none of the changes that I made
in code, and yes I save the changes. Once I stopped the program just before
it executes the Quit method and I noticed that the document had two windows
with the same name. My changes were in the second window.

I've added statements Documents(1).Activate and Set rng =
ActiveDocument.Paragraphs(1).Range to be sure I'm working on the right
window (why is there two by the way?) before I make my changes. No luck so
far. Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is?

Thanks
Richard

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Modifications don't appear in the right window

Disregard my previous posting. I found the problem.

Thanks

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm new to Word VBA programming and also stumped by what I thought would
be
> an easy task. I want to open a existing document and just modify some
text,
> just as a first test (all this in VB). After the code executes, I open the
> document through Windows Explorer and I see none of the changes that I
made
> in code, and yes I save the changes. Once I stopped the program just
before
> it executes the Quit method and I noticed that the document had two
windows
> with the same name. My changes were in the second window.

> I've added statements Documents(1).Activate and Set rng =
> ActiveDocument.Paragraphs(1).Range to be sure I'm working on the right
> window (why is there two by the way?) before I make my changes. No luck so
> far. Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is?

> Thanks
> Richard

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Created Objects Don't Appear In DB Window

2. Window Form object don't appear when viewing in browser

3. Right aligned text boxes don't right align

4. My projects containg toolbars don't appear Can't find COMCTL32.ocx

5. Don't know if i'm in the right newsgroup

6. Reference datasets don't appear

7. Mystery: ADO connects to database but fields don't appear on some computers

8. Database updates don't appear...

9. UserControl properties don't appear in Object Browser

10. Btrieve Indexes don't appear

11. Dx libraries don't appear in list.

12. TOOLTIPS DON'T APPEAR