Increase field size in linked table
Author Message
 Increase field size in linked table

I am trying to increase the length of a text field in an attached table by
code.

Access says not permitted with a linked table.

I am using the code in teh help under the dao size property.

Could someone suggest a way to allow me to modify this field property in a
linked table thru code?

Bob

Fri, 11 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Increase field size in linked table
You can not increase the length size of a field, via code.  Any other
property that can be revised in a linked table can be accomplished by
using the OpenDatabase Method for the "remote" mdb.  Any other
VBA./DAO methods based on that remote mdb object are exactly the same
as the "current" database.

You do, however have the option of:
1) Appending a new text field,
2) use a query to update the new field to the contents of the old,
3) delete the old field,
4) rename the new field to the name of the old.

Steve

Quote:

>I am trying to increase the length of a text field in an attached table by
>code.

>Access says not permitted with a linked table.

>I am using the code in teh help under the dao size property.

>Could someone suggest a way to allow me to modify this field property in a
>linked table thru code?

Fri, 11 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can I change the field size of a linked table

2. Increasing performance of linked tables

3. Access 2 increasing the size of a field using Basic

4. Increase size of drop-down for field?

5. Increase Size of Drop-Down Form Field?

6. increasing Field size from code

7. How to increase a field size programmatically?

8. Increase field size?

9. linking all fields in linked table?

10. linked table size!?

11. Changing the linked table path without the linked table manager

12. altering table field size via VB