How to show everything !
Author Message
 How to show everything !

When I want to count with a querie how many times a value occures in a row
of my table,
Im only getting those values who are in the table, and not the values that
dont occure in this table.
for example

Code01            11
Code03            14
Code08            7

I want it to do this:

Code01             11
Code02              0
Code03             14
Code04              0
Code05              0
Code06              0
Code07              0
Code08              7

Thanks Jeroen.

Sun, 24 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to show everything !
You'll need to create a query based on 2 tables, Table one will be the data
table and the other will be a table containing all the possible codes.  Join
them with a join type which will show ALL the records from the possible
codes table.  Then create a field in the query which says something like
this:

iif(isnull([table1].[code]),0,[table1].[code])

That should get you started, but you may need to perform some group by stuff
in the query to return just the top records (depends on just what you
actually want)

Cheers

Paul

Quote:

>When I want to count with a querie how many times a value occures in a row
>of my table,
>Im only getting those values who are in the table, and not the values that
>dont occure in this table.
>for example

>Code01            11
>Code03            14
>Code08            7

>I want it to do this:

>Code01             11
>Code02              0
>Code03             14
>Code04              0
>Code05              0
>Code06              0
>Code07              0
>Code08              7

>Thanks Jeroen.

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Showing a modal form before it has procesed everything

2. Showing a modal form before it has procesed everything

3. How can I show cmddialog boxes or msgboxes in front of everything ?

4. Exposing public functions without exposing everything

5. Why Does Everything become #Name?

6. Should everything a Class Module? NewbieQ

7. Two of everything

8. Everything manual can be programmed?

9. Exporting everything to pst file via code

10. Not everything should be Black or White...

11. Regex using [\w|W]* for everything

12. Inherit, but not everything...