Visual Basic 6.0 Can't Get My ICON's to work
Author Message
 Visual Basic 6.0 Can't Get My ICON's to work

I have created an Icon for my VisualBasic 6 program. In
the Form's Property I select Icon and find my icon
visually to select but when I pick my icon it says invalid
Property and I can't use mine. Size doesn't seem to help I
have went from 32 pix to 32 down to 16 x 16 pixels. File
size all the way down to 750 bytes. The program does allow
me to use the standard store bought icon's but I want
mine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thu, 25 Aug 2005 06:53:20 GMT
 Visual Basic 6.0 Can't Get My ICON's to work

Quote:
> I have created an Icon for my VisualBasic 6 program. In
> the Form's Property I select Icon and find my icon
> visually to select but when I pick my icon it says invalid
> Property and I can't use mine. Size doesn't seem to help I
> have went from 32 pix to 32 down to 16 x 16 pixels. File
> size all the way down to 750 bytes. The program does allow
> me to use the standard store bought icon's but I want
> mine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi,

Did you actually create an Icon, or did you create a Bitmap (or other
picture) with a painting program? Icons are special files that are not the
same as "small pictures". For example, they can have transparency
information in them, which normal bitmaps do not.

Are you sure your tool creates icons?

Peter

--
Peter Torr, Microsoft Program Manager
This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 06:12:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 6.0 Can't Get My ICON's to work

Quote:
> If I need another software,
> which one please? If there is a software prog. just for
> icons that is cheap or free downloadable software it would
> be nice.

You should be able to get a freeware or shareware program by searching on
Google or something. I believe that PaintShopPro used to do it, way way way
back in the day.

Peter

--
Peter Torr, Microsoft Program Manager
This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
Sample code subject to http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:30:11 GMT
 Visual Basic 6.0 Can't Get My ICON's to work

Quote:
> Thanks,
>   I used a program that saved as a bitmap. Then I changed
> to .ico extension. It does appear in Explorer and I can
> creat a shortcut for desktop and then change the icon to
> the one I have created but only for the shortcut on the
> desktop. I thought if it was good in Windows that I would
> be able to use it for VB6. If I need another software,
> which one please? If there is a software prog. just for
> icons that is cheap or free downloadable software it would
> be nice.

Do a google search on "icon editor". You'll find quite a few :-)

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:34:23 GMT
 Visual Basic 6.0 Can't Get My ICON's to work

Quote:

Imagedit program on my VB6 disk. It's simple and works
great. I got a little frustrated when it wouldn't let me
use the colors from the edit group. I guess 16 basic
colors is all you get.
Thanks, Again

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:35:24 GMT

1. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both

2. 'Canned' data in VB program

3. TCP/IP API's in Visual Basic 6.0

4. Icon's in Visual Basic ?

5. visual basic 4.0 runtime can't work(need smart guy to help)

6. Visual Basic : Adding a control to form doesn't work

7. visual basic 4.0 runtime can't work(need smart guy to help)

8. Mouse Wheel doesn't work in Visual Studio's IDE enviornment...HELP

9. Visual Basic 'Out of memory' message

10. ANN: Mabry's Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 3rd Edition

11. HELP: 'poke' for Visual BASIC

12. Visual Basic Programmer's Journal 1997 Reader's Choice Award