Change default colour/font of reply text
Author Message
 Change default colour/font of reply text

Does anyone know how to change the deafult colour and font of reply text
within Outlook 2000/97?

We use both clients, and either RTF or HTML format e-mail by default,
dependin on the user. The reply text, and text added in between the lines of
the main body, is always blue arial unless manually changed. I have hunted
through the menus and the VBA object model, but found no hint of where the
default is stored. Can it be changed at all?

The reason for wanting to change this is becuase we tend to have very long
e-mail exchanges during development (doesn't everyone), and colour-coding
chunks of text by user would remove what is becoming quite an aggravating
issue. It would also be quite funky, and therefore a worthwhile end in
itself :-)

Regards,

Richard.
p.s. please excuse the cross-posting. Having lurked for a while I  still
can't work out which would be the best group of the two.
-------------

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 18:46:44 GMT
 Change default colour/font of reply text
Richard,
    Well, hey, if you're gonna cross-post, at least you give a quick apology to those who find it to be a horrendous practice!!

    For 'reply' fonts, etc.. I'm in Outlook 2000, IMO, and I use:

    'Tools\Options' for the 'Options' dialogue box.
    Click the 'Mail Format' tab to view the formatting options.  There are three sections,, the middle of which is 'Stationary and
Fonts'..
            In that area is a 'Fonts...' button..  click on it.
   You'll see the 'Fonts' dialogue box with 3 areas of interest:
        Composing
        Replying/ Forwarding
        Compose/Reply in plain text.

    Click on the appropriate 'Choose Font' button and go to it.

    Good luck, I hope this works for you.

    SV

[...]

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 19:24:26 GMT
 Change default colour/font of reply text
AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

You have no idea how long I spent looking for that! How could I possibly
have missed something right under my nose?

I shall now go back to writing VBA (with a quill pen as pennance for cross
posting)

Thanks,

Rich
------------------------

Quote:
> Richard,
>     Well, hey, if you're gonna cross-post, at least you give a quick

apology to those who find it to be a horrendous practice!!
Quote:

>     For 'reply' fonts, etc.. I'm in Outlook 2000, IMO, and I use:

>     'Tools\Options' for the 'Options' dialogue box.
>     Click the 'Mail Format' tab to view the formatting options.  There are

three sections,, the middle of which is 'Stationary and
Quote:
> Fonts'..
>             In that area is a 'Fonts...' button..  click on it.
>    You'll see the 'Fonts' dialogue box with 3 areas of interest:
>         Composing
>         Replying/ Forwarding
>         Compose/Reply in plain text.

>     Click on the appropriate 'Choose Font' button and go to it.

>     Good luck, I hope this works for you.

>     SV

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to change the deafult colour and font of reply text
> within Outlook 2000/97?

> We use both clients, and either RTF or HTML format e-mail by default,
> dependin on the user. The reply text, and text added in between the lines
of
> the main body, is always blue arial unless manually changed. I have hunted
> through the menus and the VBA object model, but found no hint of where the
> default is stored. Can it be changed at all?

> The reason for wanting to change this is becuase we tend to have very long
> e-mail exchanges during development (doesn't everyone), and colour-coding
> chunks of text by user would remove what is becoming quite an aggravating
> issue. It would also be quite funky, and therefore a worthwhile end in
> itself :-)

> Regards,

> Richard.
> p.s. please excuse the cross-posting. Having lurked for a while I  still
> can't work out which would be the best group of the two.
> -------------

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 19:49:35 GMT
 Change default colour/font of reply text
If I told you how many times I asked myself how I could possibly have missed things....  we'd find out what happens at the end of
the univers!!!

Who is smarter,, he who claims to know things so he doesn't appear stupid, or he who says 'I don't know' so he gets the answer he
needs??  Hee hee..

SV

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

You have no idea how long I spent looking for that! How could I possibly
have missed something right under my nose?

I shall now go back to writing VBA (with a quill pen as pennance for cross
posting)

Thanks,

Rich
------------------------

Quote:
> Richard,
>     Well, hey, if you're gonna cross-post, at least you give a quick

apology to those who find it to be a horrendous practice!!
Quote:

>     For 'reply' fonts, etc.. I'm in Outlook 2000, IMO, and I use:

>     'Tools\Options' for the 'Options' dialogue box.
>     Click the 'Mail Format' tab to view the formatting options.  There are

three sections,, the middle of which is 'Stationary and
Quote:
> Fonts'..
>             In that area is a 'Fonts...' button..  click on it.
>    You'll see the 'Fonts' dialogue box with 3 areas of interest:
>         Composing
>         Replying/ Forwarding
>         Compose/Reply in plain text.

>     Click on the appropriate 'Choose Font' button and go to it.

>     Good luck, I hope this works for you.

>     SV

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to change the deafult colour and font of reply text
> within Outlook 2000/97?

> We use both clients, and either RTF or HTML format e-mail by default,
> dependin on the user. The reply text, and text added in between the lines
of
> the main body, is always blue arial unless manually changed. I have hunted
> through the menus and the VBA object model, but found no hint of where the
> default is stored. Can it be changed at all?

> The reason for wanting to change this is becuase we tend to have very long
> e-mail exchanges during development (doesn't everyone), and colour-coding
> chunks of text by user would remove what is becoming quite an aggravating
> issue. It would also be quite funky, and therefore a worthwhile end in
> itself :-)

> Regards,

> Richard.
> p.s. please excuse the cross-posting. Having lurked for a while I  still
> can't work out which would be the best group of the two.
> -------------

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 01:19:32 GMT

1. Change colour and font of body text

2. Change font colour of field for specific task

3. Changing font colour in an Access report based on a date

4. Change Font Colour

5. multisize font and colour text box control

6. Preventing Reply or Changing Reply Address

7. Macro to change text, also changes font size.

8. Changing text colour dynamically

9. Can I change text colour?

10. Change Text Colour in DataGrid Cells

11. How to change the desktop icon text colour

12. Changing the colour of texk in a Rich text box