Word as OLE-Server
Author Message
 Word as OLE-Server

I try to open Word from an Access-application with
     Dim worddoc as Word.document
     Set worddoc =  GetObject(Path\docname.doc)
I then get a runtime error: Automation error (440).
When I try to open an OLE-wordobject within Access it will not open either.
I am given the advice to open and close word manually.. And I even removed
and reinstalled Word completely. It seems Word is not recognized as
OLE-server. Something wrong with the registration? I an using Office 2000
Premium on an AMD Athlon 1Mhz- PC.

Sat, 08 May 2004 23:08:17 GMT
 Word as OLE-Server
This is starting to pushing the limits of my knowledge unfort, but I
believe you need to define a word.application object and make all word
objects children of that.

Dim myWord As Word.Application
Set myWord = New Word.Application
Set myParagraph = myWord.Activedocument.paragraphs(1)

HTH,
Steve

Quote:
>I try to open Word from an Access-application with
>     Dim worddoc as Word.document
>     Set worddoc =  GetObject(Path\docname.doc)
>I then get a runtime error: Automation error (440).
>When I try to open an OLE-wordobject within Access it will not open either.
>I am given the advice to open and close word manually.. And I even removed
>and reinstalled Word completely. It seems Word is not recognized as
>OLE-server. Something wrong with the registration? I an using Office 2000
>Premium on an AMD Athlon 1Mhz- PC.

Steve Hudson , HDK List MVP
Wright Technologies Pty Ltd (Aus)

Tue, 11 May 2004 11:01:47 GMT

1. automating Word - OLE error - server threw an exception

2. Access Can Not Communicate With Word OLE Server

3. Customizing OLE Word server

4. OLE Servers (esp. MS Word)

5. Excel OLE & Word OLE Viewing Question

9. Ole Server Vb, Ole Client C/C++

10. Identifying OLE clients from an OLE server

11. OLE Server that registeres itself in the OLE's ROT

12. OLE-Server for JPEG-Daten / OLE-Abbild als jpg speichern