Recordset as dataset for continuous form
Author Message
 Recordset as dataset for continuous form

Is it possible to populate a continuous form with the records contained in a
recordset, thus NOT using the form's 'Recordsource' property.
I was able to do this for a 'single form' form and as such controlling all
record navigation through coding instead of using the standard MS navigation
bar.
I have no clue however on how to do this for continuous forms. Do I really
have to go for some 'grid' object ?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:45:47 GMT
 Recordset as dataset for continuous form
Tom:

If you are using Access 2000 or higher, which you obviously are, the form's
"Recordset" property will do exactly what you describe - you need not alter the
recordsource to control the same.
--
Bruce M. Thompson

Quote:
> Is it possible to populate a continuous form with the records contained in a
> recordset, thus NOT using the form's 'Recordsource' property.
> I was able to do this for a 'single form' form and as such controlling all
> record navigation through coding instead of using the standard MS navigation
> bar.
> I have no clue however on how to do this for continuous forms. Do I really
> have to go for some 'grid' object ?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:47:20 GMT

1. How to set continuous form to recordset object??

2. Using recordset to fill continuous forms

3. Recordsets behind continuous form

4. Populate Continuous form Using Recordset?

5. Continuous Form / Scrolling Form?

6. VB form that simulates MS Access continuous forms

7. Continuous form display in columns

8. Limit displayed items to only one in continuous form

9. Selecting fields from a specific row in a continuous form

10. continuous form string record source

11. Combo Box on Continuous form

12. Continuous form visible = false