closing access from code doesn't work, see further down
Author Message
 closing access from code doesn't work, see further down

Hello again;

trying nearly everything, I think I must agree to the
answer that Van T. Dinh posted:

Quote:
>I think it is an OS problem rather than Access problem.
>It occasionally
>happens to a number of other software I have on one of my
>PC with Win98_SE
>OS as well.
>HTH
>Van T. Dinh
>MVP (Access)

I cut out all code in the end and tried with a blank
database with only a form and a button (all default
settings) and 'Application.Quit acSaveAll' in the onClick
event. I went back to the original system.mdw access
workgroup, too, to cut out problems with user and/ or
security settings.

It still behaves the same! You click the button, the
application closes and still leaves the (non-working)
button in the taskbar.

Any more ideas?

thank you all for your help already; I'll try with the OS-
people as well now.

TIA

Andreas

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:59:07 GMT
 closing access from code doesn't work, see further down

never mind, I've got it:

It happens only if i use Application.Quit.
DoCmd.Quit works fine and clears the taskbar as well.

Why? Don't know....

Andreas

Quote:

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 14:53:17 GMT

1. VBA code ActiveDocument.Close doesn't work !

2. Automatically closing down Access using code after a Modal window has been closed

3. Converting to Access 2002 Code doesn't work

4. Access Code Doesn't Work

5. Why doesn't my WinSocket close down???

6. old code - new browser - code doesn't work

7. Code doesn't work (from Dev's site)

8. close method on RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey doesn't seem to work

9. An access 95 program doesn't work on access 2000

10. fRefreshLinks Doesn't work if path doesn't exist

11. Sending an Outlook mail from my VBA-code doesn't close the mail windows

12. DDE'd CloseDatabase of Access doesn't work