Error - 3197 - Please help
Author Message
 Error - 3197 - Please help

Hi,
 I got this error meassge " 3197 - The Microsoft Jet database engine
stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to
change the same data at the same time."
 I updated a new Jet Engine 3.51 but it did not fix this problem. Is any
one run into this problem before ? If I replaced a new system.mda, is it
fixed this problem ? Please advide.

Thank you very much for helping

Danny

Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00 GMT
 Error - 3197 - Please help

Danny,

The error you get means that you want to lock a set of recods for updating
while the updated record is already locked by another user. I suppose that
you are working in a multi-user environment where several people have
(update) access to the database. You can't prevent this, you should write
error handling procedures to retry locking the page bye reexecuting the
update.

Johan Savels
Trainer Databases & Visual Basic
Royal Technical School of the Belgian Air Force

Quote:

>Hi,
> I got this error meassge " 3197 - The Microsoft Jet database engine
>stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to
>change the same data at the same time."
> I updated a new Jet Engine 3.51 but it did not fix this problem. Is any
>one run into this problem before ? If I replaced a new system.mda, is it
>fixed this problem ? Please advide.

>Thank you very much for helping

>Danny

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error - 3197 - Please help

Johan,
 I only got this error message when I used FIND command in edit menu.
Everytime, I used FIND command. The error message is pop up first and
then it find a recordset.

Danny

Quote:

> Danny,

> The error you get means that you want to lock a set of recods for updating
> while the updated record is already locked by another user. I suppose that
> you are working in a multi-user environment where several people have
> (update) access to the database. You can't prevent this, you should write
> error handling procedures to retry locking the page bye reexecuting the
> update.

> Johan Savels
> Trainer Databases & Visual Basic
> Royal Technical School of the Belgian Air Force

> >Hi,
> > I got this error meassge " 3197 - The Microsoft Jet database engine
> >stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to
> >change the same data at the same time."
> > I updated a new Jet Engine 3.51 but it did not fix this problem. Is any
> >one run into this problem before ? If I replaced a new system.mda, is it
> >fixed this problem ? Please advide.

> >Thank you very much for helping

> >Danny

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error - 3197 - Please help

Danny,

That's very strange, never had this before. Now you aren't helped with that,
are you?
Check if you also get this error when you open the table in datasheet view.
If you don't, i suggest to open the form as read only.

Johan

Quote:

>Johan,
> I only got this error message when I used FIND command in edit menu.
>Everytime, I used FIND command. The error message is pop up first and
>then it find a recordset.

>Danny

>> Danny,

>> The error you get means that you want to lock a set of recods for
updating
>> while the updated record is already locked by another user. I suppose
that
>> you are working in a multi-user environment where several people have
>> (update) access to the database. You can't prevent this, you should write
>> error handling procedures to retry locking the page bye reexecuting the
>> update.

>> Johan Savels
>> Trainer Databases & Visual Basic
>> Royal Technical School of the Belgian Air Force

>> >Hi,
>> > I got this error meassge " 3197 - The Microsoft Jet database engine
>> >stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to
>> >change the same data at the same time."
>> > I updated a new Jet Engine 3.51 but it did not fix this problem. Is any
>> >one run into this problem before ? If I replaced a new system.mda, is it
>> >fixed this problem ? Please advide.

>> >Thank you very much for helping

>> >Danny

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-Time Error 3197 - please help its driving me insane

2. Help. DAO 3197 error with single user

3. Error 3197

4. Error 3197?

5. Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?

6. error using recordset.edit method (3197)

7. recordset.edit method won't work (error 3197)

8. 3197 Error Updating an ODBC Datasource

9. 3197 dao error

10. Error 3197 on a stand_alone pc

11. Error 3197 using SQL server

12. Jet Engine Error 3197 without Edit