Null = Null error
Author Message
 Null = Null error

I have a problem with null in VBA

 if mystring = null then mystring = ""

in debug the flyout or watch window confirms that mystring = null
but doesn't execute mystring=""

whats going on?

Any help please

cheers
Andy

Sat, 28 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Null = Null error
Sorry, you cannot do this. Try IsNull(mystring) although if it IS a string,
it cannot be Null anyway.

--
MichKa
(insensitive fruitarian)

random junk of dubious value, a multilingual website, the
54-language TSI Form/Report to Data Access Page Wizard,
and lots of replication "stuff" at the (no scripts required!)
http://www.trigeminal.com/

Quote:
> I have a problem with null in VBA

>  if mystring = null then mystring = ""

> in debug the flyout or watch window confirms that mystring = null
> but doesn't execute mystring=""

> whats going on?

> Any help please

> cheers
> Andy

Sat, 28 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Null = Null error
You might try the NZ() function.

mystring = NZ(mystring,"")

Michael Kucan

Quote:

>I have a problem with null in VBA

> if mystring = null then mystring = ""

>in debug the flyout or watch window confirms that mystring = null
>but doesn't execute mystring=""

>whats going on?

>Any help please

>cheers
>Andy

Sun, 29 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Null Null Null!!!!!!!!!

2. Null, Null, Null!

3. double null question [2 * Null = Null] !!!

4. Alter Table with NULL/NOT NULL options

5. Null = Null Not Working ?

6. null in vb and null in sql7

7. null not null

8. When is Null not Null

9. How can I pass NULL value to WinAPI which is expecting a NULL pointer

10. IS NULL vs = NULL - ODBC Drivers

11. To Null, or not to Null...?

12. Sending null strings and NULL values