OL2000/ldap limitations
Author Message
 OL2000/ldap limitations

I have several questions regarding Outlook 2000 and its ability to
integrate with my ldap directory (I've gone through a bunch of help
files and articles without any real successful answers):

--I have Outlook set to automatically check my address book names
against my ldap directory and update Outlook's email (will it update the
name too?) if necessary.  Can it also work the other way around? I am
required to enter a password to access this ldap directory and I have
write permission. Can I edit the name and email field in Outlook and
have it affect the record on the ldap directory? So that it would update
the ldap at the same time it checks my address book names against the
ldap directory?

--My ldap directory has not only name and email fields but also
something called ProviderNumber. Does Outlook allow any way of mapping
my ldap field ProviderNumber to my user-defined field ProviderNumber in
Outlook Contacts? I'd like to grab this information when I'm adding a
person to my Outlook Contacts from this ldap directory. Are there
specific Object Classes that Outlook recognizes or can I create custom
Object Classes that Outlook can recognize? Or would it be better to not
enforce schema checking on the server side and instead use standard
Object Classes with non-standard attributes?

Basically, I've got a distributed online application. Contact
information is kept in an ldap directory and it interacts with
information in a mysql database (on a Unix box). I want to allow my
users to share and edit contact information using Outlook and this ldap
directory.
They will need, however, to be able to see all fields in the ldap in
Outlook (for sorting into groups purposes), and it'd be great if they
could edit the ldap through Outlook also.
Any pointers on how I can accomplish this great goal?

TIA,
Carey

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. OL2000/ldap limitations

2. Progamming Automations with OL2000/OL98

3. Can't create outlookbar shortcuts in OL2000

4. OL2000-SR1: GetSharedDefaultFolder(myRecipient, olFolderSentMail) always fails

5. OL2000 how to CurrentView.GoToDate

6. OL2000 Addressproperties. PR_COURTESY_TITLE doesn't return value

7. OL2000: How to Open a Form from a Toolbar Button (Q231174)

8. How to programatically start spellcheck in Ol2000?

9. HTML form not submitting in OL2000

10. Assigning Names to Email Address exported from AC2000 to OL2000

11. Ol2000: Button Image, Face, Mask, pasteface

12. OL2000: Recieve Mails for a certain Mail-Accoutn via VBA